2012 F150 EcoBoost Problems

ccap41

Hey guys, I have a buddy of mine who's typically a Chevy guy but he came across a 2012 F150 XLT EcoBoost. What I'm really looking for is are they reliable... I know it's kind of a loaded question but it's a little difficult to get some answers when Googling it because most that have 150,000 trouble free miles aren't the ones online posting about how reliable their truck is. The ones posting are the ones with premature issues.

So, does anybody have any first hand or friends/family have first hand with any of that generation 3.5 EcoBoosts that have issues relating to the engine. AND/OR anybody that has put a lot of miles on their truck without issues.

The truck in question has 69,000 miles and according to the site(local dealer) it has been maintained every 5000 miles at that dealer.

Heck, I'll just post the link to the truck.

http://triford.com/Highland-IL/For-Sale/Used/Ford/F-150/2012-XLT-Red-Truck/49186248/

That looks like a pretty good deal. If it's got the maintenance records and a clean carfax, it's probably as good all around as you'll find.  The key to any turbo engine, Ecoboost or not, is not letting the oil changes go too long.

• 1 year later...