dfelt

Faraday Future and Lucid Motors, Newest EV Automakers in America!

G. David Felt
Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.CheersandGears.com

Faraday Future and Lucid Motors, Newest EV Automakers in America!

Tesla as well as the Detroit, European and Asian auto companies have new competition. Tesla has seen in the last few years, engineers leave that had alternative dreams / plans that conflicted with Musk. As such this fall 2016 we are seeing coming out of the skunk works mode two new EV auto companies based in California is Farady Future who is already big in F1 E-Racing with over 1,400 employees world wide and Lucid Motors. Both companies have broken ground in Arizona for auto production lines. While there is little spec on motors, battery packs, etc. both companies using a rich background of Tesla Engineers clearly seems focused on building new Green auto's compared to waiting for Detroit to figure this out.

Faraday has their F1 racer which also uses the same skateboard platform of which their concept driving around California is using. You can check out plenty of pictures online of heavily disguised CUV type EV.

FaradayFuture-EV.jpg

FaradayFuture-SkateboardPlatform.jpg

Lucid Motors also has their release pictures which includes their own camo covered auto's.

LucidMotors.jpg

lucid-motors-3.jpg

lucid-motors-atvus-(5).jpg

teaser-for-lucid-electric-car.jpg

For reading interest you can get more details on either of their web sites listed below.

Lucid Motors

Faraday Future

8 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Interesting...I wish them well.

At least it looks like they have real prototypes that work so I wonder just how fast they can get production up and going to start delivering.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Volkswagen is planning a lineup of electric vehicles which include a hatchback, crossover, and small van. But a new report says the German automaker has ambitions to launch an electric vehicle with a pricetag of about 18,000 euros (about $21,000).
      Sources tell Bloomberg the model in question will be a subcompact crossover and begin selling sometime after 2020. According to Reuters, the model is currently known as "MEB entry". Volkswagen is planning a production volume of 200,000 vehicles that will take place at three factories. This vehicle hasn't been approved by Volkswagen's supervisory board. According to sources, a discussion on the vehicle is expected to take place during their next meeting on November 16th - the same meeting that is reportedly where a discussion on possible expanding their partnership with Ford is expected to take place.
      Sources also mentioned another electric model, the I.D. Aero. The midsize sedan and wagon would be built at Volkswagen's Emden plant in Germany. Emden is currently home to the production of the European Passat sedan and wagon, but sources say production of the model would move to the Czech Republic in 2022. Having the Aero take the Passat's place would help keep jobs at Emden.
      Volkswagen declined to comment.
      Source: Bloomberg (Subscription Required), Reuters

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Volkswagen is planning a lineup of electric vehicles which include a hatchback, crossover, and small van. But a new report says the German automaker has ambitions to launch an electric vehicle with a pricetag of about 18,000 euros (about $21,000).
      Sources tell Bloomberg the model in question will be a subcompact crossover and begin selling sometime after 2020. According to Reuters, the model is currently known as "MEB entry". Volkswagen is planning a production volume of 200,000 vehicles that will take place at three factories. This vehicle hasn't been approved by Volkswagen's supervisory board. According to sources, a discussion on the vehicle is expected to take place during their next meeting on November 16th - the same meeting that is reportedly where a discussion on possible expanding their partnership with Ford is expected to take place.
      Sources also mentioned another electric model, the I.D. Aero. The midsize sedan and wagon would be built at Volkswagen's Emden plant in Germany. Emden is currently home to the production of the European Passat sedan and wagon, but sources say production of the model would move to the Czech Republic in 2022. Having the Aero take the Passat's place would help keep jobs at Emden.
      Volkswagen declined to comment.
      Source: Bloomberg (Subscription Required), Reuters
    • By dfelt
      What does everyone make of this photo?

Jalopnik story
      According to Jalopnik, an anonymous tipster emailed in photo's of a key fob and clearly proved it is from Cadillac by flipping the fob over to show the Cadillac logo on the back. The interesting thing is that the new leader of Cadillac has been busy rolling back all of the former leaders car focused stuff and refocusing on CUVs. Yet when asked about a new Halo auto and if the mid-engine corvette could be used as a base, the response was we will have something much more interesting and special for Cadillac.
      Now with that said, we get pictures of this fob which would show a frunk and trunk plus a retractable roof. Is it possible that Cadillac could go AWD EV Halo on us?
      What do you all think is going on here? Is it the fob to an EV Halo car, Hybrid Halo car, Mid-Engine ICE Halo?

• By William Maley
      The future of Faraday Future is becoming dimmer. The Verge reported yesterday that the automaker has decided to shut down some operations this week at their headquarters in Gardena, California, and at its factory in Hanford, California. Workers who started after May 1st of this year “must take a furlough,” according to an email sent by FF CEO Jia Yueting. Those working before "will have the option to remain on board with a reduced salary of $50,000 per year," employees told The Verge. Yueting said the furlough will last at least through December, and is dependent on finding new funding.
      “We are grateful to all of the hundreds of employees who are willing to stay with the minimum wage [sic] and continue to work on the FF91 core project. This was an extremely tough decision to make, and we recognize the emotional stress and financial strain this puts on people’s personal lives.”
      In addition, Nick Sampson, one of Faraday Future’s three co-founders resigned yesterday. This follows the departure of Peter Savagian, former chief engineer of GM's EV1 and Faraday Future's senior vice president of technology and product development.
      “The company is effectively insolvent in both its financial and personnel assets, it will at best will [sic] limp along for the foreseeable future. I feel that my role in Faraday Future is no long [sic] a path that I can follow, so I will leave the company, effective immediately. I cannot continue knowing the devestating [sic] impact we are having on the lives of our employees, their families and loved ones as we as the [sic] ripple effect this will have on lives throughout our suppliers and the industry as a whole,” Sampson wrote in an email obtained by The Verge.
       “I have tried as best as I know how to find solutions to the problems but have met insurmountable barriers that I have not been able to resolve. I am sorry and sad that this day has been reached but I must do what my heart tells me.”
      Sampson added in his email that “if circumstances should materially change, I certainly would consider returning to the company.”
      A Faraday Future spokesman confirmed the departures of Sampson and Savagian in an email.
      Last week, Faraday Future announced that it would staff salaries by 20 percent and layoff a number of workers in an effort to save some money. Good news would come later in the week as an independent arbitrator allowed Faraday Future to look for funding without getting approval from its main investor Evergrande Health.
      Source: The Verge
      Pic Credit: Faraday Future
    • By William Maley
      The future of Faraday Future is becoming dimmer. The Verge reported yesterday that the automaker has decided to shut down some operations this week at their headquarters in Gardena, California, and at its factory in Hanford, California. Workers who started after May 1st of this year “must take a furlough,” according to an email sent by FF CEO Jia Yueting. Those working before "will have the option to remain on board with a reduced salary of $50,000 per year," employees told The Verge. Yueting said the furlough will last at least through December, and is dependent on finding new funding.
      “We are grateful to all of the hundreds of employees who are willing to stay with the minimum wage [sic] and continue to work on the FF91 core project. This was an extremely tough decision to make, and we recognize the emotional stress and financial strain this puts on people’s personal lives.”
      In addition, Nick Sampson, one of Faraday Future’s three co-founders resigned yesterday. This follows the departure of Peter Savagian, former chief engineer of GM's EV1 and Faraday Future's senior vice president of technology and product development.
      “The company is effectively insolvent in both its financial and personnel assets, it will at best will [sic] limp along for the foreseeable future. I feel that my role in Faraday Future is no long [sic] a path that I can follow, so I will leave the company, effective immediately. I cannot continue knowing the devestating [sic] impact we are having on the lives of our employees, their families and loved ones as we as the [sic] ripple effect this will have on lives throughout our suppliers and the industry as a whole,” Sampson wrote in an email obtained by The Verge.
       “I have tried as best as I know how to find solutions to the problems but have met insurmountable barriers that I have not been able to resolve. I am sorry and sad that this day has been reached but I must do what my heart tells me.”
      Sampson added in his email that “if circumstances should materially change, I certainly would consider returning to the company.”
      A Faraday Future spokesman confirmed the departures of Sampson and Savagian in an email.
      Last week, Faraday Future announced that it would staff salaries by 20 percent and layoff a number of workers in an effort to save some money. Good news would come later in the week as an independent arbitrator allowed Faraday Future to look for funding without getting approval from its main investor Evergrande Health.
      Source: The Verge
      Pic Credit: Faraday Future

View full article
  • My Clubs