1999 Plymouth Breeze

This car was bought as a repo with 15k miles on it after someone had owned it for 6 months.

Posted Image

This cars features include: power windows/locks/mirrors(heated), keyless entry, CD player, 6 speakers, AC, Cruise control

Styling: I love the styling. The headlights accent the eggcrate grill excelently. Free flowing lines give the exterior a soft look. Wavey Tailights give a touch of sportyness. I love the short hood and tall trunk and the effect of the cab foward design. The only styling issue is the black door handles.

Engine: The old engine was sufficient for this car. It was a 2.4 liter I-4 with 150 hp. Then, in 2002 I got caught in a deep puddle and my car was engulfed in water by a speeding SUV causing a rod to piece the engine and killing it on christmas. The insurance company put the 2.0 liter I-4 132 hp engine in and underpowering the car.

Interior: The inside of the car is vast and spacious. The seats are well made and supportive. The fabic is soft and comfortable. Egornomics are done well. Half the dash, all of the armrests, the shifter, emergency brake, and steering wheel are all squishy, soft material. Climate controls are simple and functional. Heat and A/C are excelent. And the fold down backseat extending cupholders are one of my favorite features! The cabin is quiet and the ride is smooth. O yeah...and the trunk is HUGE!

MPG is mediocre. It's decreased over the years.

Problems with car:

-Various fender benders but covered under insurence

-drivers door weather stripping staring to chip away

-Drivers door doesn't shut properly...kind off like if you dont shut the door all the way.

-transmition issues last year...$200

Overall this car is well equiped for around $15k and is spacious. Lacks power.

Year-to-Year Changes

1997 Plymouth Breeze: Only a few changes were evident in 1997 models. A new console included storage, an integrated armrest, and cupholders for rear-seat occupants.

1998 Plymouth Breeze: A bigger, more-potent engine became available this year. The dual-overhead-cam 2.4-liter 4-cylinder made 150 horsepower, versus 132 for the basic 2.0-liter. Only an automatic transmission could be installed with the larger engine.

1999 Plymouth Breeze: Revised suspension tuning for 1999 promised a smoother ride, but little other change was evident.

2000 Plymouth Breeze: Breeze production halted early in 2000, as part of the phase-out of the Plymouth brand name. One trim level remained for this partial final season.

• 2 months later...

Chrysler's "cab forward" design provided for some mighty cavernous interiors & trunks. Personally, I liked that era of styling better than the current chopped down shoebox look (300, Magnum, etc.).

Me too!

I've let my friends drive my car, and I ride in the back of my Breeze.

I can't believe how big it feels back there!

It's really amazing considering the exterior dimensions of the car.

These cars had styling that was spot-on to me.

If only they had higher reliability (automatic, headgasket in 2.0L, A/C issues, etc) and much less NVH with more soft interior bits, and more POWER!

I used to drive a Dodge Spirit. That thing had the most amazing rear seat room for such a "short" car (103.5" wheelbase, 175" overall length). That upright, K-derived styling was certainly good for something. Actually, it was a good car overall--comfortable and reasonably exciting with the mistersh!tty 3.0L V6 under the hood.