GM Yields Sales Crown to FORD, or Did They?

GM Yields Sales Crown to FORD, or Did They?

Motley Fool Report

Interesting read, Ford won the month of May due to dumping a ton of auto's on the rental fleet market. GM had higher ATP than Ford, taking out rental sales, GM was the leader in North America. Some interesting takes on inventory on hand and how each company is dealing with the slow down. Read and sound off

15 minutes ago, cp-the-nerd said:

Nissan caught criticism for doing the same thing and pumping their sales superiority in the media. I haven't seen Ford bragging about it, though.

I am really tired of people seemingly trying to "slut shame' our domestics by the old he said she said every time one of them has a bad month or has to up their fleet numbers or put more money on the hood of a particular car.

No one else on the planet runs a full product line that markets to average every day people like GM and Ford do.  VW kind of does with Porsche, Audi, Bugatti, and the like but much of their product is high end low volume, and they are not building things like heavy duty pick up trucks and the like.

Having all of the engineers and plants and products gives GM and Ford tremendous opportunities but it also gives them tremendous burdens in terms of keeping assembly lines running, vendors and contractors paid, employees happy, product fresh, dealer network pacified, stockholders out of outright revolt, public Image fresh, and the like.

I think among American companies both GM and Ford are among the more ethical of the bunch in terms of everything from labor relations to the environment to community responsibility. Neither is perfect, but both of them are made up of humans who are wildly imperfect.

Not saying this in relation to you at all CP-the nerd, as I have a tremendous amount of respect for your posts and your insights.  I have just personally chosen to put the negativity of domestic hate/slut shaming/laughing at our domestics behind me.

From a car lovers prospective, it has made a huge difference in the way that I look at cars. Now instead of looking at something like the current generation Camaro or the Lincoln Continental, neither of which is everything I want it to be...I am just happy ford and GM are building these cars at all.

My next car will probably be a BRZ or a GTI, so I have no Horse in the race (pun not intended with my screen name).  But I am going to spend every minute I can for as long as I continue to live being a fan of what our domestics do right rather than complain about what they do wrong. 

Not that I won't have a little sarcastic fun from time to time like I did in the Demon thread...

My two cents, thanks to everyone who read this far.

• Agree 1