GM offering unlimited data plan for 4G mobile hotspots

"

The automaker announced an unlimited data plan for the 4G LTE system that turns its vehicles into mobile Wi-Fi hotspots. In the Chevrolet brand alone, more than 3.1 million vehicles have the capability that allows users to connect up to seven smartphones, tablets or other devices at a time, from distances up to 50 feet.

Starting Friday, owners of 4G-capable Chevys, Cadillacs, GMCs and Buicks will be able to pay a flat $20 a month for the service. It's a change from current service plans for limited amounts of monthly data. At Chevrolet, the offers included a gigabyte for $10 a month, four gigs for $20 and 10 gigs for $40."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/03/02/gm-offering-unlimited-data-plan-4g-mobile-hotspots/98659910/

Edited by ykX

This will be great for families, especially families with teenagers.

I have never been a big GM fan, but lately their vehicles look more and more attractive.

I think in a few years when the time comes to replace our family car we will seriously consider Acadia or Traverse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ykX said:

This will be great for families, especially families with teenagers.

I have never been a big GM fan, but lately their vehicles look more and more attractive.

I think in a few years when the time comes to replace our family car we will seriously consider Acadia or Traverse.

I can see this from the tech point of view....especially I am  a father of five kids...

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...