JEEP Wrangler 4xe and Jeep Grand Wagoneer Reveal - Awesome

David

9 hours ago, David said:

Not sure how effective this is going to be. I almost wonder if GM, with it's battery technology and self driving technology won't have something out in the next five years that will really Trump this big-time.

The Euro car makers all have big debt and mixed approaches to EV's I think.

VW is best of the Euros but...even then...debt load.

Jeep builds soulful vehicles people want. If they can get EV right they have a winner.

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Not sure how effective this is going to be. I almost wonder if GM, with it's battery technology and self driving technology won't have something out in the next five years that will really Trump this big-time.

The Euro car makers all have big debt and mixed approaches to EV's I think.

VW is best of the Euros but...even then...debt load.

Jeep builds soulful vehicles people want. If they can get EV right they have a winner.

Agree, I think Diesel gate will hold the Europeans back a few years and of course the current Pandemic is not helping to get people out and about safely.

I do wonder about the Hybrids versus pure EV, but then we will by 2025 have various options and see how it goes.

If GM does not cut corners and truly can show a real off road enjoyment auto with the Hummer by GMC, this could open up doors big time to people who want peace and quiet out on the trail with minimal noise.

I like the modular approach GM is taking with the Ultium battery pack and see many options for it. Based on current information, you could easily have a 300 kWH battery pack under a GMC Yukon XL or Chevrolet Suburban that would cover 500 to 600 miles easily.

• Agree 1

I think Ultim and the GM self driving tech makes GM the one automotive stock worth buying. When you look at how over priced tesla stock is for what it is, and the real potential of GM with BEV, Hybrid and gas tech....like I said in teh Random thoughts thread....for the first time in a long time I am bullish on  the American automakers. 

...and Hyundai....I think the future belongs to the Kroeans, the Americans, and the Chinese, not the Japanese or the Europeans. 

• Agree 1