Where Have I Been

Hi there. It has been some time since I last posted in this section of the forum. Sure I have been writing the odd review here and there, but other than that, I have been a bit of a ghost. Popping in and our in case of some incident that needs to be addressed. So what has been going on?

Aside from 2020 being well a 'landfill fire' (and that's me being family friendly), I've been quite busy with work. Since mid-April, I have been on three different projects which have taken up a lot of my time and mental energy. Add this on top of working from home since March with no real outside interaction, COVID-19, and other personal issues, and you get a recipe of feeling very drained and depressed. After work, I tended to try and relax and not want to do anything mentally draining.

This is a bit of bummer because I was hoping to get back to some of regular-ness here on Cheers & Gears with writing some news throughout the week and a couple of reviews per month. Yeah, that didn't happen. But I know from past experience that trying to force myself to write only produces shoddy work and I feel worse than actually doing it.

I have been able to get the odd review out here and there - mostly quick drives. That's due to whenever I have a burst of energy, I try my best to use it and get something out the door. Yes, I have a massive backlog of 2020 reviews. But I rather sit on them and wait till I'm good and ready to write something decent instead of half-assing it. Maybe this is a sign that I'm becoming a bit more responsible...? 

So I may be popping in and out for the next few months with the odd review or a news story that I find so interesting, I really want to share. It really comes down to what happens in the next few months as I finish up this last project for work, along with some other stuff.

• Agree 4