Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2004 SIlverado 2500HD

I apparently don't have a thread for my old workhorse.

I bought this beast in June of '06, and it already had 46,000 miles on it. Private sale, wholesale value.
6.6L Duramax TD, Allison 5-spd auto, 3.73 rear, crew cab/6.5' bed, 4x4... it was about a $39K truck new.

It was my only driver, and I worked out of it daily. I pulled the rear seat and built a giant 'carpenter's box' in that space.

I've never opened the motor/trans/rear. It currently has 205,750 miles, still runs great.

The only recall was for a rear center seat anchor for a carseat. I didn't bother.

Repairs along the way have been: front bearing hubs (twice), brake lines, fuel lines, and just the other week; the in-tank fuel pump.

Maintenance has been no problem/bother. I change the oil (myself) between 5K-6K (CarFax on this truck is going to be barren!). LLY-code Duramax is pre-DEF.

It does have some rust issues. Frame, cab & bed floors are excellent. However, the rockers are fractured and threatening to blow out. Also- 4 of the 6 cab mounts are no longer holding the cab down. The frame outriggers and the bushing between them & the cab are there, but the washers and lower bushings are... missing. Rear bumper is swiss cheese, but I scored a factory GM bumper off CL for $80.

- - - - -
Anyway, made a handshake deal/took deposit today to sell it to an old buddy of mine. He always wanted it. He'll burn thru it quick; his '21 Trail Boss has 10K miles in the same time my '21 clocked 3K.... and he has 1, maybe 2 other vehicles he sometimes drives. So the Big Dog Duramax is going down the road. When I bought her :

2004 2500HD 1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

You definitely got your use out of it and the problems you did have was kind of a common thing with most of the full size trucks and rust issues. It happens. You still got a lot miles and use out of it though. A little rust is the price you pay sometimes lol.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...