Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Lucid Air Sapphire

oldshurst442

https://www.lucidmotors.com/media-room/introducing-sapphire-pinnacle-of-electric-performance

Lucid just unveiled a new trim of their super sport EV sedan.  The Sapphire.  This new Sapphire upstages its own Air Dream by adding adding another 100 HP from 1111 to about 1200 plus via adding another of their compact motor in the rear making it a tri-motor set-up.  Dual in the rear and single up front.

Look out Tesla Model S Plaid.   Lucid says 0-60 is less than 2 seconds.  100 MPH is reached in under 4 secs and the  1/4 mile is said to be sub 9 secs.  All metrics beating the Plaid buy a few tenths.   The Plaid to 60 is 2.1 secs, 100 MPH takes 4.3 seconds and the 1/4 mile is @ 9.4 

Any Air interior just shytes on any Teslas' interior but regarding the Sapphire, the Plaid is half the price too.  

But a new performance beast that sets the bar and speed records (maybe...as the Plaid is absolutely real and proven...) is about to be set loose...  

The part that I like most about the Sapphire is that there are plenty, but more or less subtle, differences between the lesser Airs and the Sapphire. Unlike the Model S and the Plaid.  

Lucid Air Sapphire

Three-motor Lucid Air Sapphire bows as the most powerful sedan in the  world—and it's an EV

Lucid Motors unveils wicked fast tri motor Air Sapphire

Lucid Air Sapphire boasts third motor, 1,200  hp, sub 2.0-second 0-60 mph  time

16 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Me too.   That blue is siiiiiick!

The whole exterior package, regardless if it looks like a 1990s product, is super dope.  (how's that for a 1990s expression complimenting the Air's looks?

I'd agree, the whole exterior package is pretty awesome. It looks phenomenal in that profile picture. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Me too.   That blue is siiiiiick!

The whole exterior package, regardless if it looks like a 1990s product, is super dope.  (how's that for a 1990s expression complimenting the Air's looks?

So, 90's and Yet so Today!

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

I'd agree, the whole exterior package is pretty awesome. It looks phenomenal in that profile picture. 

I also agree, it also has that aero back that Cadillac and Audi have done on their EVs. I like it, very different than other EVs today especially what Mercedes has done.

This has a nice style IMHO.

• Agree 1

• 1 year later...

The way the Lucid engineers explain the Air and the Sapphire trim. The way the talk about the engineering, it seems that Tesla is the one that is behind in EV tech.

The Geese guys ironically talk about how some 1st gen EV vehicles from legacy OEMs engineered compliance cars, they didnt talk about Tesla and how Tesla had a decade advance in engineering thought and tech.  They just wax poetic about Lucid.  But truth be told that when Lucid was just a seed in the dirt, and some of the engineers were still employed by Tesla, Tesla was not JUST a decade in front of everybody, but 2 decades and had the WHOLE EV market to themselves.  

Tesla did NOT advance the tech in that timeframe.  Ive said that plenty of times.  Elon Musk ALLOWED every OEM to catch up to Tesla in LESS than a decade and in some instances such as Lucid, it seems, to have surpassed Tesla and it seems that Tesla is playing catch-up.  Maybe not in sales...but THAT scenario will surely change.  

Tesla better have secrets in their 2nd gen Model S and Model 3/Y to unveil because if Tesla's tech hasnt advanced with those 2nd gens, it will seem like they have stagnated and THAT will spell disaster for their EV manufacturing.   They will survive with supplying electricity via recharging everybody else's EVs and perhaps sell EV motors to others, but as far as the S-3-X-Y vehicles they offer today, will not make it to see a 3rd gen...  

• Like 1

What Mark says about wanting to buy a product JUST to see that company succeed JUST to see what they could do next is how I felt about Tesla.   I had much much faith in Elon Musk about 8-9 years ago.  That faith lasted for about 2-3 years.  Today I just wish he go away.  I still like Tesla cars.  The engineering and manufacturing is just held back by Elon Musk in my opnion.  

Its too bad.  

I now have faith in Lucid and in General Motors and possibly Rivian and Ford for advancing American EVs and to be global leaders.  Tesla at the hands of Musk is a dead duck. 

• Agree 1