Fisker OCEAN SUV Deliveries Begin :Comments

David

Fisker, driven to create the world's most sustainable EV has announced that deliveries have begun in Denmark of their all-electric Fisker Ocean SUV. Delivery was presented by Fisker Chairman and CEO Henrik Fisker of the Fisker Ocean One launch edition model.

image.png

The Fisker Ocean One launch edition was presented in Great White exterior paint with 22" AirGlider Black alloy wheels and the Sea Salt interior with white Alcantara seats.

Fisker also released the certified battery range of up to 707km/440 miles on 20" wheels and tires and 701km / 436 miles on 22" wheels and tires. 

Interested in the Fisker Ocean? Check it out here: https://www.fiskerinc.com/en-gb/configure/ocean

Fisker_Ocean_2022_Silver_Lining-rabbit-lake_Front-11485-20211229_okgonz.jpg

Fisker has stated that they will disrupt the automotive world with their Ocean One SUV due to the following stated list:

• Beautiful Craftsmanship
  • Ingenious Engineering
  • Innovation
  • Affordability
  • Sustainability

So, this begs the question, "What are these Key Differentiating Features?"

Design Emphasis - Fisker has stated they have delivered a sleek, stylish, modern SUV. A dramatically sculpted exterior with an aggressive stance, clean lines, sleek surfaces and ultra-slim lighting, combining a durable and configurable SUV with the dynamics of a daring sports car.

Fisker-Ocean-2022-Silver-Lining-Talent-Group-MM-rabbit-lake-silver-10623-20211229_elvzv9.jpg

Clean, Luxurious, Minimalist interior - Fisker's SUV starts with the Revolve-Fisker 17.1" rotating central touchscreen and an interior made from recycled materials, this includes carpets and interior materials made from upcycled plastic bottles.

Interior_Story_Hero_SeaSalt-Extreme_tahzll_z0hg2v.jpg

Outstanding Battery Range - Fisker offers a hyper range battery pack that is up to 440 miles or 707 kilometers depending on wheel/tire choice. This is a 113kWH battery pack. The smaller battery pack is called their Touring Range battery pack.

Range is dependant on multiple factors, but the curb weight of the Ocean One Launch Edition id 5,365 lbs with a GVWR of 6,557 that has a towing rating of 4,013 lbs.

Snag_61b1324f.png

As you can see off the specification sheet, greater approach and departure angles are achieved with the larger 22" wheels.

Trim Levels - While they are delivering the "Launch Edition" equipped at the Extreme trim level with exclusive features, Fisker will move forward in mass production with the three trim choices:

• Extreme
  • Ultra
  • Sport

Drive Modes - Fisker will have Over the Air updates (OTA) so that additional modes can be added as they are developed. Current modes are as follows:

• Earth
  • Fun
  • Hyper

Special Drive Modes (expected activation early 2024)

• Off-Road
  • Snow/Ice

Standard features on all trims

• Seating for 5
  • Cell Phone app as Key
  • PowerBank system Functionality
  • Over the Air (OTA) updates
  • Great White with Gloss exterior finish
  • Black Abyss Interior Trim
  • 20" F7 AeroStealth alloy wheels with recycled material wheel covers
  • Regenerative Braking
  • Digital Interior Rear View Mirror
  • Tilt & Telescoping Steering - Power
  • LED Head Lights and Tail Lights
  • See Me Signal - high-mounted rear indicators
  • Power Liftgate

You can check out all the optional colors for an up-charge as well as the variety of wheel options and the details on each trim level by checking out the released PDF file: Fisker_Ocean_Detailed_Specifications.pdf

One of the optional features that is standard on the Fisker Launch edition is the SolarSky roof with Photovoltaic solar panes integrated into the panoramic glass roof with power sliding glass panel.

Fisker_Ocean_One_2022_Silver_Lining_Rabbit_Lake_anti-knight-rider-v3_3840x1634_02_20220721_g73whs-_vnkarz.jpgFisker_Ocean_One_2022_Silver_Lining_Rabbit_Lake_anti-knight-rider-v3_3840x1634_07_20220721_rnnymo-_tvtpwc.jpg

You can stay up on the latest Fisker info here at their LinkedIn page: 

(5) Fisker Inc: Overview | LinkedIn

Fisker_Ocean_2022_Big_Sur_Blue_Dog_michael-muller-malibu-leo-carrillo-beach-blue-2716-20211228_nljb3k.jpg

View full article

Its a handsome SUV. 

But...my brain views SUVs like a racist views other races different from his own race....

1. If it aint a design that takes cues from a traditional car, then its too different for my biased brain to adapt therefore I dont necessarily fear it, but I know I HATE it and dont want it in MY neighbourhood! 

2. all SUVs and CUVs look alike and this one looks like a Range Rover.  A true racist will not admit liking physical features of a race different from his, but...I kinda like this one. 

I find Range Rovers attractive enough, and this Rivian falls into the me liking it category, but make NO mistake about it, I want it GONE from MY neck of the woods.  Tell it to go back where it came from.