"What Would Happen if GM Went Under?"

i don't even need to read it. GM going under would be a catastrophe to this nations economy that makes the book "The Death of California" look like a day in the park.

I just don't understand why the Republicans in power aren't doing something sbout this. Aren't Democrats the anti-car, anti-Detroit inteligensia?

Overall, a good article, but I disagree that the $1.99 gas promotion in California and Florida was a bad idea. It only appears to be a bad idea because certain media have decided that it is a bad idea.

As has been discussed here, other manufacturers are doing the same thing across North America, and by GM's own admission the gas promotion will amount to an average of $1,000 or so discount per truck sold.

Friedman is an ass, and I would rather see the New York Times get bought out by the National Enquirer.

AT LEAST WITH THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER YOU KNOW YOU WILL GET A GOOD LAUGH.

i don't even need to read it.  GM going under would be a catastrophe to this nations economy that makes the book "The Death of California" look like a day in the park.

I just don't understand why the Republicans in power aren't doing something sbout this.  Aren't Democrats the anti-car, anti-Detroit inteligensia?

I thought that too.... But honestly anymore, I don't think EITHER party is worth it's weight in trash.

Guest YellowJacket894

Friedman is an ass, and I would rather see the New York Times get bought out by the National Enquirer.

AT LEAST WITH THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER YOU KNOW YOU WILL GET A GOOD LAUGH.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, by my standards, the New York Times is in the same market as the National Enquirer. The both publish nothing but &#036;h&#33;.

all right, lets not get too carried away. lesbian nazi hookers abducted by aliens and forced into weight loss camps isnt exactly on the same level. neither is elvis stole my baby or if you are bm, rick wagoner ate my baby.

although, one wonders whats gonna happen if theres an investigation by washington into some of that crack NYtimes reporting.

making all the news thats fit to print.

edit: by the way youd be surprised at how many people only buy the times only so they can wrap it around their copy of the news or post. and the others who just like to conveniently have that stock page open on a bus or subway.

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

i was just hearing more about this latest times fiasco, the one i mentioned briefly above, and i dont think it was such a bad idea for this to have been leaked.

to take it further i also think it wasnt such a bad idea to have been printed.

if someone can figure out something, especially when its regarding our national security, its important to realize that maybe others have been able to figure it out as well. it was possibly a good service for this country and the free way of life we are all so accustomed. and not just here but anywhere...

im not getting political and sure as hell not defending the NYtimes but gotta take the good with the bad sometimes.

just for what its worth.

I have absolutely no problem with it at all. Cheney whining is just another example of the hypocritical criminality that permeates the Bush administration. This "trust us" mentality got us into Iraq. It's clear nothing they say can be trusted and they need people like the NY Times to keep them honest.

i was just hearing more about this latest times fiasco, the one i mentioned briefly above,  and i dont think it was such a bad idea for this to have been leaked.

to take it further i also think it wasnt such a bad idea to have been printed.

if someone can figure out something, especially when its regarding our national security, its important to realize that maybe others have been able to figure it out as well.  it was possibly a good service for this country and the free way of life we are all so accustomed.  and not just here but anywhere...

im not getting political and sure as hell not defending the NYtimes but gotta take the good with the bad sometimes.

just for what its worth.

I thought it was a good article. Well thought out and backed by real numbers. To me the one thing that lends credence to the author is the fact you can email him. Notice there's no such opportunity on the Friedman article. Tells you something about their relative testicular fortitude.

This is a nice article written in response to the Friedman article.  Very factual and paints a picture of how GM is way more important to America than Toyota.  It's not even close. 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13447045/site/newsweek/