Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
99camaroSS

HOW TO CHOP?

6 posts in this topic

im always following the c&g choppin comps and have lots of ideas but i dont kno the first thing about how to chop. can someone give me some pointers?

im always following the c&g choppin comps and have lots of ideas but i dont kno the first thing about how to chop. can someone give me some pointers?

[post="11623"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well...umm...use adobe photoshop for a few years.

I'm by no means a great chopper, but I have done a few and can offer a few pointers on what I've learned: - practice practice practice - a good understanding of art principles is of utmost importance. Photoshop is a tool, like a paintbrush or a spray gun. It doesn't make you a good designer any more than having a nail gun makes you a good carpenter. For chopping cars, probably the most important thing you'll need to know is how light behaves on different surfaces. Once you understand that concept, you'll need to learn how to duplicate proper lighting using the tools provided by Photoshop. That'll come through knowledge of how the tools in Photoshop work as well as, you guessed it, practice. - When you're working, use layers, lots of them. If you spray something on top of a JPG and you don't like it, you have to start from scratch. Creating a new layer before you modify the graphic allows you to just delete the mods that you don't like. - don't get discouraged, just keep practicing. Most of the choppers on this site started out just like you. Ask NOS2006 about his Corvette with Nomad headlights or crispey2k (ChrisPauwels) about his GP based Chevelle. Both of those guys have improved so much since then. That's about it from me. I'm sure some of the better choppers can offer some more detailed tips than I can.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0