Production Enclave on Display?

buickguy

I heard from a dealer friend of mine that a production Enclave is on display at the Buick Championship in suburban Hartford, Connecticut until Sunday, July 2. It's black. I live on Long Island and won't be able to see it, but if anyone lives up that way it might be worth checking out.

I heard from a dealer friend of mine that a production Enclave is on display at the Buick Championship in suburban Hartford, Connecticut until Sunday, July 2.  It's black. I live on Long Island and won't be able to see it, but if anyone lives up that way it might be worth checking out.

I'm not sure I'll be able to score tickets this year...but I'll see if I can get over there with my digital camera and take some shots of it if it is out in the open.

I ventured over to the Buick Open, paid $10 to park, but couldn't get in with a camera...cameras are only allowed M-W.

Outside just beyond the entrance they had a black Lucerne on display and also a Black Ranier. There is a covered exhibition area where it likely would be if it's being displayed, but I couldn't get that far.

There's a "checkpoint" set up where they check everyone for cell phones, cameras, etc...the usual "NO xxx beyond this point!" signs. It's related to the golf tournament aspect of it, not the cars. However, the cars are being displayed AFTER the checkpoint...hence my problem.

BigPontiac: That was nice of you  8)  to try to get some pictures for C&G.  If the LaCrosse Super is there, you could go back ( @$10 a pop for parking :stupid: ) -- even without a camera -- just to see it  :scratchchin:  and then describe it to us.

Getting a picture seemed like a good idea at the time! They had hand-built Lucerne prototypes there last year which stopped at a few of the area Buick dealers before the tournament.

I can't wait to see an Enclave in person...the Lucerne looked SO much better in person than in pics. GM is making steady progress in every new model they've introduced from 2005 on.

The Buick Open is the single event the Hartford, CT Jaycees using for fundraising. So it's an "event" in the state...all the parking is part of how they make money...much like a concert, everyone parks on a big grassy field! Not a good day to take the BMW! But, the truck isn't fun to manuever in close spaces, so there was no good choice...