• Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

    Rumorpile: Audi To Show Another quattro Coupe Concept At Frankfurt


    William Maley

    Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

    June 17, 2013

    Back at the 2010 Paris Motor Show, Audi unveiled the quattro concept. The concept marked the 30th anniversary of the original quattro being introduced. Talk of a production model came and gone, leaving us wondering if there was the chance of a quattro rebirth ever happening.

    A new report from Autoweek says it could happen. Sources tell the magazine that Audi is preparing a new quattro concept that could be shown as soon as the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show in September. The new concept will pay homage to the Sport quattro, introduced back in 1984.

    Details on this vehicle are somewhat scarce, but sources say the concept will use a modified A5 platform and have many of design cues seen on the 2010 concept. Power will come from a twin-turbocharged 4.0L V8 with over 600 horsepower and a seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox. Audi's quattro all-wheel drive system will be standard.

    Initial estimates on performance are a 0-60 MPH time of less than 4.0 seconds and a top speed of 186 mph.

    Source: Autoweek

    William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

    0


      Report Article
    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0


    User Feedback


    In todays drive to go small turbo motored, I am surprised they would waste resources on this if it is true.

    Brining a Quattro CNG or Small Turbo Diesel would be more exciting than a gas guzzling twin turbo V8.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

    Guest
    You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
    Add a comment...

    ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    Loading...



  • Popular Stories

  • Similar Content

    • By William Maley
      Audi of America sets November sales record on SUV and A4 demand
      December 01, 2016 | HERNDON, Virginia
      Demand for Q7 SUV more than doubled; Q3 rose 45 percent A4 sedan increased 30 percent for the month Record sales streak continues for 71st consecutive month Audi of America reported a November sales increase of 2.5 percent to 17,118 vehicles, as the Q7, Q3 and A4 continued to lead the volume gains.
      It was Audi of America’s best November and its 71st straight month of record sales. The previous November record was set last year with 16,700 deliveries. Year-to-date sales have risen 2.9 percent to 187,018 vehicles despite a tightening premium market.
      November results were bolstered by demand for SUV models. Total SUV sales for the brand increased 22 percent over last November and 17 percent year-to-date. The Q5 was the volume leader with 4,187 vehicles sold. Sales of the Q3 rose 45 percent over last year to 1,613 vehicles. Q7 sales more than doubled with a 104 percent increase from last November to 2,605 vehicles.
      Demand for the A4 sedan remained robust with sales of 3,143 vehicles, a 30 percent increase for the month and a 19 percent increase year-to-date, notwithstanding a stagnant sedan market in the U.S.
      The A3 Sportback e-tron had its best sales month ever with 394 deliveries in November and 3,691 vehicles sold year-to-date.
      “On the heels of a successful November, we are on pace to achieve our seventh consecutive record sales year,” said Mark Del Rosso, chief operating officer, Audi of America. “We are confident that our momentum will continue in 2017, which promises to be one of the biggest launch years in Audi of America history.”
      AUDI US SNAPSHOT
      --MTD--
      --YTD--
      Model Line
      Nov '16 Actual
      Nov '15 Actual
      Yr/Yr % change
      Nov '16 YTD  Actual
      Nov '15 YTD Actual
      Yr/Yr % change
      A3
      2,063
      3,028
      -31.9%
      28,634
      32,732
      -12.5%
      A4
      3,143
      2,418
      30.0%
      30,678
      25,841
      18.7%
      A5
      482
      1,277
      -62.3%
      7,763
      11,934
      -35.0%
      A6
      1,532
      1,582
      -3.2%
      16,670
      20,394
      -18.3%
      A7
      576
      636
      -9.4%
      5,747
      6,880
      -16.5%
      A8
      343
      364
      -5.8%
      3,648
      4,566
      -20.1%
      allroad
      271
      301
      -10.0%
      1,989
      2,564
      -22.4%
      Q5
      4,187
      4,520
      -7.4%
      43,154
      45,949
      -6.1%
      Q7
      2,605
      1,279
      103.7%
      27,288
      17,806
      53.3%
      Q3
      1,613
      1,109
      45.4%
      18,001
      11,728
      53.5%
      R8
      63
      10
      530.0%
      654
      480
      36.3%
      TT
      240
      176
      36.4%
      2,792
      929
      200.5%
      Total Audi Sales
      17,118
      16,700
      2.5%
      187,018
      181,803
      2.9%
      Total CPO Sales
      3,705
      3,494
      6.0%
      41,923
      44,322
      -5.4%
       
    • By William Maley
      Plans for a flagship Jeep may have been trashed. Autoline Daily reported yesterday that Fiat Chrysler Automobiles have cancelled plans for the Grand Wagoneer that was due for the 2019 model. Citing information from industry planning company Auto Forecast Solutions, Autoline Daily says the company cannot stretch out the platform that underpins the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango for a model that would be in a higher segment. 
      Autoline Daily goes on to say that work may continue on a flagship model for Jeep, but use the platform that underpins the Ram 1500 pickup.
      Rumors of the Grand Wagoneer have been floating around for a couple of years and it only recently confirmed by Jeep CEO Mike Manley. Last month, we got a possible preview as to what Grand Wagoneer's front end could look like.
      Source: Autoline Daily (Video Below)
       

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      Plans for a flagship Jeep may have been trashed. Autoline Daily reported yesterday that Fiat Chrysler Automobiles have cancelled plans for the Grand Wagoneer that was due for the 2019 model. Citing information from industry planning company Auto Forecast Solutions, Autoline Daily says the company cannot stretch out the platform that underpins the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango for a model that would be in a higher segment. 
      Autoline Daily goes on to say that work may continue on a flagship model for Jeep, but use the platform that underpins the Ram 1500 pickup.
      Rumors of the Grand Wagoneer have been floating around for a couple of years and it only recently confirmed by Jeep CEO Mike Manley. Last month, we got a possible preview as to what Grand Wagoneer's front end could look like.
      Source: Autoline Daily (Video Below)
       
  • Recent Status Updates

  • Who's Online (See full list)