Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com
April 12, 2012
The Detroit News is reporting the explosion that happened yesterday at the General Motors Tech Center in Warren was caused by gases venting from an experimental battery pack.
The explosion which happened yesterday morning in a battery lab was liken to a natural gas explosion. Gases from experimental battery gathered in the room during extreme testing and ignited.
The explosion caused damaged to the at least part of the global battery lab inside the Alternative Energy Center and injured five people. GM spokesman Alan Adler said one employee was kept kept overnight at a hospital for observation.
Source: The Detroit News