• Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

    Rumorpile: 2015 Mazda3 To Arrive This Fall?


    By William Maley

    Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

    March 22, 2013

    Automotive News is reporting that Mazda is planning to launch the new Mazda3 compact later this fall. This information comes from three Mazda dealers who were informed by the company about this plan.

    The Mazda3, while getting up there in age, still remains a vital model for Mazda. Last year, the 3 captured 6% of the compact market, well above the 1.9% market share Mazda had last year.

    The next 3 will will adopt the Mazda's Kodo design language seen on the Mazda6 and CX-5. The 3 will also feature the full suite of SKYACTIV technologies, inlcuding a 2.0L SKYACTIV-G engine.

    Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

    William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

    0


      Report Article
    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0


    User Feedback


    I don't understand how that works... how can they launch a 2015 product in the fall of 2013? Wouldn't it become 2014? What are they going to do, do an extremely short run of 2014's this summer? Seems foolish.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    What does the law say about VINs? I thought the car had to be on sale no sooner than, for example, January 1, 2013 to be a 2014 model, and so on.

    I will be so glad when the toofless, giant black plastic grin is banished to unfortunate history on the Mazda 3. The CX-5 and the new 6 are very good looking vehicles, imo, and this new 3 should be too.

    I hope they don't give up on the 2, and come up with a next-gen model in the new style.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

    Guest
    You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
    Add a comment...

    ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    Loading...



  • Popular Stories

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Raybob9289
      Raybob9289
      (50 years old)
    2. Z06C6Vette
      Z06C6Vette
      (28 years old)
  • Similar Content

    • By William Maley
      The tentative agreement between General Motors and Canadian union Unifor has a $400 million investment going to Oshawa for a new product. Unifor President Jerry Dias said at a press briefing yesterday morning that Oshawa would be the only GM plant that will build cars and trucks. Neither side is saying what that product might be.
      But Canadian newspaper The Globe and Mail has learned from sources that Oshawa will be handling the final assembly of the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra. Truck bodies from GM's Fort Wayne Assembly in Indiana will travel to Oshawa to have interiors installed and final assembly. The Detroit News reports something similar, although their source says it will only be the Silverado.
      Oshawa has a history of building pickups. For four decades, Oshawa was one of the places where GM built the Silverado and Sierra. But in 2009, GM closed the truck plant due to the recession. 
      The Globe and Mail also reports that production of the XTS has been extended at Oshawa. Analysts believed previously that XTS production would end in 2019.
      Source: The Globe and Mail, The Detroit News

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      The tentative agreement between General Motors and Canadian union Unifor has a $400 million investment going to Oshawa for a new product. Unifor President Jerry Dias said at a press briefing yesterday morning that Oshawa would be the only GM plant that will build cars and trucks. Neither side is saying what that product might be.
      But Canadian newspaper The Globe and Mail has learned from sources that Oshawa will be handling the final assembly of the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra. Truck bodies from GM's Fort Wayne Assembly in Indiana will travel to Oshawa to have interiors installed and final assembly. The Detroit News reports something similar, although their source says it will only be the Silverado.
      Oshawa has a history of building pickups. For four decades, Oshawa was one of the places where GM built the Silverado and Sierra. But in 2009, GM closed the truck plant due to the recession. 
      The Globe and Mail also reports that production of the XTS has been extended at Oshawa. Analysts believed previously that XTS production would end in 2019.
      Source: The Globe and Mail, The Detroit News
    • By William Maley
      Update: In a statement to Mashable, a McLaren spokesperson said "We can confirm McLaren is not in discussion with Apple in respect of any potential investment," So those hoping for an Apple 570S or something else, we're going to be bursting that bubble now. 
      Update 2: Tim Bradshaw, one of the reporters behind the Apple/McLaren story has gone on Twitter saying the FT stands behind its original report. 
      Apple has eyes set on acquiring the McLaren Technology Group - the folks who brought us the F1 supercar and more recently the 570S. The Financial Times reports that Apple and McLaren have been in talks for the past few months about either a full takeover or strategic investment. Why is Apple interested in McLaren? The FT says Apple is interested in McLaren's technology and knowledge of using light-weight materials such as carbon fiber and aluminum. The deal if it goes through is likely to be valued between $1.3 billion and $1.95 billion.
      For the past few years, rumors have been swirling around of Apple building their own self-driving electric vehicle. Apple brought in engineers from various automotive companies such as Diamler and Tesla, and began work on Project Titan two years ago. But the New York Times reports that Apple has hit a few snags in this project and has decided to reset the project. Dozens of employees were laid-off and parts of the project were shuttered. The report goes on to say the Apple is now focusing on building the underlying technology for an autonomous vehicle.
      Sources tell the FT that the deal might not go through because of the change in strategy.
      Apple declined to comment when asked by Roadshow. McLaren hasn't issued a comment at this time. See Update.
      Source: Financial Times (Subscription Required), Bloomberg, New York Times, Roadshow

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      Update: In a statement to Mashable, a McLaren spokesperson said "We can confirm McLaren is not in discussion with Apple in respect of any potential investment," So those hoping for an Apple 570S or something else, we're going to be bursting that bubble now. 
      Update 2: Tim Bradshaw, one of the reporters behind the Apple/McLaren story has gone on Twitter saying the FT stands behind its original report. 
      Apple has eyes set on acquiring the McLaren Technology Group - the folks who brought us the F1 supercar and more recently the 570S. The Financial Times reports that Apple and McLaren have been in talks for the past few months about either a full takeover or strategic investment. Why is Apple interested in McLaren? The FT says Apple is interested in McLaren's technology and knowledge of using light-weight materials such as carbon fiber and aluminum. The deal if it goes through is likely to be valued between $1.3 billion and $1.95 billion.
      For the past few years, rumors have been swirling around of Apple building their own self-driving electric vehicle. Apple brought in engineers from various automotive companies such as Diamler and Tesla, and began work on Project Titan two years ago. But the New York Times reports that Apple has hit a few snags in this project and has decided to reset the project. Dozens of employees were laid-off and parts of the project were shuttered. The report goes on to say the Apple is now focusing on building the underlying technology for an autonomous vehicle.
      Sources tell the FT that the deal might not go through because of the change in strategy.
      Apple declined to comment when asked by Roadshow. McLaren hasn't issued a comment at this time. See Update.
      Source: Financial Times (Subscription Required), Bloomberg, New York Times, Roadshow
    • By William Maley
      Jaguar has reportedly been given the go-ahead for their electric SUV project. Autocar reports that the vehicle, possibly named E-Pace will be revealed later this year and go into production in 2018.
      Sources at Jaguar said the vehicle was going be a Range Rover, known as the Evoque-e. However, the project was moved over to Jaguar. This little bit of information confirms a part of a rumorpile story from last month talking about Jaguar's future EV plans. The E-Pace will be smaller than the new F-Pace and feature more aggressive styling.
      Power will come two electric motors - one on the front axle with 114 horsepower and one on the rear with 195 horsepower. Total output is said to be around 308 horsepower. The battery size is unknown. Prototypes running around had a 70 kWh battery. But Autocar expects a larger battery to deliver a range of 280 to 300 miles.
      Source: Autocar

      View full article
  • Recent Status Updates

  • Who's Online (See full list)