Audi sets all-time U.S. July sales record with 28% increase
Audi reports 19th consecutive month of record sales; premium category vehicles (A8, A7, A6, and Q7) represents 30.4% of July demand
HERNDON, Va., Jul 31, 2012 - Audi established a new July record, with sales of 11,707 new vehicles representing a 28% increase above the old mark set in July 2011. The best July in the brand’s U.S. history also stands as the 19th consecutive month of record performance. The results for the first seven months of 2012 set a year-to-date record, as well.
Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (the Audi A8, Audi A7, Audi A6, and Audi Q7) jumped 20% to equal 30.4% of total July sales demonstrating the brand move upmarket in the luxury sector is continuing unabated. Audi sales momentum benefitted strongly from robust demand for the technologically advanced Audi A6, with the model.line generating a 66.8% sales increase for the month and a 123.8% increase year to date.
Availability of enhanced 2013 models allowed many best-selling Audi cars to hit their stride in dealerships nationwide. Interest in the thoroughly updated Audi A4 sent sales of that top-selling model line up 51.7% in July, while new models boosted Audi A5 sales 31.9% for the month and 6.6% year-to-date. The Audi Q5 also performed favorably with an increase of 10.0% for the month.
“Audi models exude emotion and innovation, and consumers are responding,” said Mark Del Rosso, Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “A record July kicks off a second half that will see the brand gain even more sales momentum.”
• July 2012 ranks as the best July in Audi of America history
• Audi A4 sales up 51.7% compared to July 2011; YTD sales grew 4.4% compared to previous period.
• Audi A5 sales up 31.9% compared to July 2011; YTD sales grew 6.6% compared to previous period.
• Sales of Audi A6 increased 66.8% compared to July 2011; YTD sales up 123.8% compared to previous period.
• Sales of Audi Q5 increased 10% compared to July 2011; YTD sales up 19.9% compared to previous period.
• Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finish the month at 46.2% for the A3 TDI and 25.9% for Q7 TDI; sales of the Audi A3 TDI increased a solid 28.3% for the month.
• For the record-setting month of July 2012, four Audi models recorded year-over-year sales increases of 20% or more, including the Audi A3, the Audi A4, the Audi A5 and the Audi A6 models.
• Audi Certified pre-owned sales of 3,136 vehicles set a record as the second-best July despite the reduced inventory of available models for the program.
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. Audi was a top-performing luxury brand in Europe during 2011, and broke all-time company sales records in the U.S. AUDI AG is planning to invest a total of EUR 13 billion over the period 2012 through 2016 on new products and technologies. Visit www.audiusa.com or www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicle and business issues.