• Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0

    Rumorpile: Aston Martin CEO Says Toyota iQ Will Be Canned Next Year


    William Maley

    Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

    November 4, 2013

    While the high price and slow sales led to end of the Aston Martin Cygnet last month, Aston Martin CEO Ulrich Bez said the decision to end the model is due to Toyota killing the iQ next year. The Cygnet was essentially a dressed up version of the iQ.

    “We stopped the Cygnet as Toyota itself will stop the iQ in 2014 and we don’t want to invest any more,” Bez told Autocar.

    “I think Aston did a good thing with the Cygnet and I’m disappointed it didn’t work out. It’s a great little car, particularly in London. It will be a cult car in the future and will be well looked after.”

    Bez also said that he had big plans for the Cygnet, but they never came to fruition.

    “I wanted to bring it to the US, but there was no support for it. I wanted a supercharged engine, but there was also no support."

    When asked for a comment, Toyota said there are no plans to end iQ and declined to comment further.

    Source: Autocar

    William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

    0


    Sign in to follow this  
    Followers 0


    User Feedback


    You cannot say this car had big plans when they barely sold 100 or was it 150 at most? Over priced, ugly little thing. Toyota is sitting on a ton of the iQ cars based on looking online at local Scion dealerships. I wonder just how many are sitting on lots and what that equates to as sell through for North America.

    Does anyone have a subscriptions to wards to look at this latest report to see just how many iQ's are sitting around the us?

    http://wardsauto.com/datasheet/us-light-vehicle-inventory-summary-october-2013

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

    Guest
    You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
    Add a comment...

    ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

      Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor




  • Popular Stories

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. aust calais owner
      aust calais owner
      (54 years old)
    2. K.C.
      K.C.
      (51 years old)
  • Similar Content

    • By William Maley
      How much is Opel worth? According to Bloomberg, the valuation being discussed by General Motors and PSA Group puts it around $2 billion dollars. According to sources, the total comprises about $1 billion in cash and about $1 billion in liabilities. The amount could change as two are still assessing a number of items such as the value of brand rights and savings potential.
      The sources also the framework for PSA to buy Opel could be finished by Thursday. This would be the same day when PSA Group reports full-year earnings. The sources go on to caution this could be pushed back because of the complex nature of the deal such us finding ways to reduce costs while keeping workers and the various unions happy.
      Source: Bloomberg

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      How much is Opel worth? According to Bloomberg, the valuation being discussed by General Motors and PSA Group puts it around $2 billion dollars. According to sources, the total comprises about $1 billion in cash and about $1 billion in liabilities. The amount could change as two are still assessing a number of items such as the value of brand rights and savings potential.
      The sources also the framework for PSA to buy Opel could be finished by Thursday. This would be the same day when PSA Group reports full-year earnings. The sources go on to caution this could be pushed back because of the complex nature of the deal such us finding ways to reduce costs while keeping workers and the various unions happy.
      Source: Bloomberg
    • By William Maley
      Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' New York showing looks to be all performance. We already know the Dodge Challenger Demon which looks to be even madder than the Hellcat will show up, but there is also the possibility of a high-performance Jeep coming as well.
      Motor Authority has learned from a source that Jeep will be showing the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk - the one with the Hellcat V8 - in New York. This follows a report from last year where Jeep CEO Mike Manley said the model would debut sometime in 2017.
      The Trackhawk is one of the worst kept secrets in the past few years. Various spy photos and videos have shown Grand Cherokee mules of all sorts running around with key changes to indicate a more powerful engine - larger vents and brakes for example. A number have also reported the distinctive sound of the Hellcat V8. It is still unclear if the Trackhawk will get the full 707 horsepower or be detuned.
      Source: Motor Authority

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' New York showing looks to be all performance. We already know the Dodge Challenger Demon which looks to be even madder than the Hellcat will show up, but there is also the possibility of a high-performance Jeep coming as well.
      Motor Authority has learned from a source that Jeep will be showing the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk - the one with the Hellcat V8 - in New York. This follows a report from last year where Jeep CEO Mike Manley said the model would debut sometime in 2017.
      The Trackhawk is one of the worst kept secrets in the past few years. Various spy photos and videos have shown Grand Cherokee mules of all sorts running around with key changes to indicate a more powerful engine - larger vents and brakes for example. A number have also reported the distinctive sound of the Hellcat V8. It is still unclear if the Trackhawk will get the full 707 horsepower or be detuned.
      Source: Motor Authority
    • By William Maley
      As General Motors and PSA Group continue their discussions (and damage control) on the possible sale of Opel/Vauxhall, a secret plan being developed by Opel CEO Karl-Thomas Neumann has been put on the back burner for the time being.
      German magazine manager magazin reports that Neumann had been working on a plan that would see Opel transition to selling electric vehicles only in an effort to ensure the brand's survival. GM Europe has been losing money for the past 15 years. In 2016, the branch posted a $257 million loss.
      Neumann was worried that Opel didn't have the resources to develop both combustion engine and electric drivetrains. The plan would see Opel end sales of combustion vehicles by 2030. To pull this off, the plan would have Opel divide into 'old' and 'new'. Vehicles would be using GM's electric vehicle platform that underpins the Chevrolet Bolt and Opel Ampera-e.
      manager magazin says the board was going to make a decision on Neumann's plan this spring - May at the latest.
      Source: manager magazin

      View full article
  • Recent Status Updates

    • Drew Dowdell

      Me: I'll take "Shopping" for $800.
      Alex:"This shopping location is popular on Sundays for groups of gay couples, families with small children, and college kids with parents in tow to gather."
      · 3 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

      @gmc Sierra Denali with manufacturer plates and a never used snow plow. Wonder what's going on here.
      · 2 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

      Wait a minute wait a minute.... Flynn commits an illegal act and the Republican reaction is "OMG! Who told on him? We have to find out who it was!!!"
      · 1 reply
  • Who's Online (See full list)