DCX ad in South Africa Spotted in C & D

http://lvb.net/item/2805 :o

Take a look at the new ad for the SMART for-four - The copy reads:

German Engineering

Swiss Innovation

American Nothing...

Is that not a slap in the face of all of America? At the very least at our automobile industry? How can a company with roots deep in America o.k. such an ad for the world's consumption.

Makes me mad, as I really like the Smart Cars in Europe and would love to have one here - or at least would have. Now I wouldn't take one if given to me. Screw DCX and all of their products. Here's what I think of the ad and the corporation to Dr. Z and his f-ing mustache. :toiletpaper:

Edited by toesuf94

Guest YellowJacket894

Ouch, that smarts. :AH-HA_wink:

Saw it in Car & Driver. And I really don't give a dog's honest $h!.

The ad probably just pokes fun at Eastern World notions about American Iron: it's big, thirsty, and over the edge. No use crying over spilt milk.

Guest YellowJacket894

hey - in your tag photo, which one is the gun-ship?  I have the Roady version of your car - love it.

178009[/snapback]

:D

A little sad but honest truth here, that's not my car. (I wish it was. :( ) I do hope to have a '94 - '96 Impala SS or the (cheaper) 9C1 Caprice equivalent by the end of this or early next year.

And, of course, if all else fails, I'll just find a nice, used Camaro (along with any vintage F-Body) or an (also used) '04 GTO.

Which is the gunship in that photo? I'll let you decide. :AH-HA_wink: :D

• 4 weeks later...