TCC Test: 2007 GMC Yukon Denali

Variance

TCC Test: 2007 GMC Yukon Denali

Posted Image

If you aren't put off by the price or the fuel economy and need something in a full-size SUV with all the comforts of Bill Gates' home, the Denali is your truck. But as fewer customers are willing to clear those hurdles, the day may not be far off that Smithsonian starts clearing a spot next to its locomotive in the museum for vehicles like these.

Read "2007 GMC Yukon Denali: The finest, last example?" @ The Car Connection

I see 10x more 2007 Yukons than Tahoes here in central Jersey (more-so up state where I work and the $$$ is falling out of people's asses) and half of those Yukons are Denalis. Hell, I see more Escalades than Tahoes on my way to work. As long as people have money, there will always be room for a truck like this.

>>"But as fewer customers are willing to clear those hurdles, the day may not be far off that Smithsonian starts clearing a spot next to its locomotive in the museum for vehicles like these."<<

180532[/snapback]

Yes - they can be parked right next to the Lincoln Town Car, Ford Crown Vic and Mercury Grand Marquis.

I am the first person to say that I don't get the SUV craze and that these big, bloated station wagons are, for the most part, abominations; however, unless Washington outlaws them, and as long as people are buying them, why would the TCC be so petty and jealous as to begrudge GM's success with them?

We all know that if GM had left the previous generation 900s alone and their market share of that segment was in free-fall, TCC would be the first to slam GM for having outdated models that aren't competitive in the market place.

So GM comes out with the best in class large SUV to ensure its continued domination of this (still) very profitable segment and TCC wants to pee all over it.

Sounds like TCC is praying that the GMT-900s fail so that they can gloat some more.