Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Break in the case: Jon Benet Ramsey

This is one of the weirdest cases ever - almost to the point of having been forgotten.

The little girl was slain in Colorado. Evidently, the family hails from the Atlanta suburbs, moved to Colorado and has since moved back. It also appears that her mother has passed away due to illness in the intervening time such that she isn't around to see someone brought to justice.

Obviously, with no leads, the parents were viewed as suspects. The person that has been captured is a 42 year old school teacher from another Atlanta suburb.

What a relief to see that someone may be brought to justice. What a sick individual to have done something like this. What a weird situtation that it took so damn long (10 + years) to piece something together.

Do you remember this when it first hit the news? Weird!

Edited by trinacriabob

Yea, but not the details, then I think I get a few mixed up. Wasnt there a Lawyer in NYcity or somewhere here on the east coast that brutally killed his daughter that largely started alot of this child pertection services ? I think I get these two confused because until you said Colorado I thought I was on the right page.

This Jon Benet was the little girl that had some singing talent or something right ?

Guest YellowJacket894

I was pretty young at the time news reports started, but I remember CNN dragged them on for a pretty long time. $h!, it felt like they had something on the case almost every day at least a year after the initial report.

But, yes, it's great the case has finally been closed or is coming to a close. Justice needed to be served here. Ten years and going is a damn long wait.

I remember the Jon Benet case-I think I was all of 8 years old when it first broke. It dominated the news for a long time, which I can understand-it was a high-profile case.

I hope this arrest means that the parents can finally get some closure.

Guest YellowJacket894

I remember the Jon Benet case-I think I was all of 8 years old when it first broke.

Didn't this break in 1996? If so, you were six then. :AH-HA_wink:

I hope this arrest means that the parents can finally get some closure.

181316[/snapback]

The mother has already died...

From MSN:

Authorities asked Patsy Ramsey in late May — a month before she died of cancer — whether she would be willing to meet with the man who claims he killed her 6-year-old daughter, the Ramsey family’s attorney said Friday.

Ramsey said she would meet with John Mark Karr if it would advance the investigation into JonBenet Ramsey’s Christmastime 1996 slaying, but the meeting never took place because authorities did not get back to her before she died in June, attorney Lin Wood said.

The attorney also said the written correspondence Karr sent to Patsy Ramsey either in the form of e-mails or letters was never received by her because it was routed to someone else. He said police or someone else set up an address for the correspondence to be sent to make it look like he was writing to Ramsey. It was turned over to the police instead. ...

...Legal experts had questioned some of Karr’s claims — including whether he sexually assaulted the girl or was even in Colorado at the time of the slaying.

“It’s clear to me that he’s somewhat interested or maybe even obsessed by the case and the real question is whether he’s inserting himself into it for some obscure psychological reason,” said author Carlton Smith, who wrote 1997’s “Death of a Little Princess: The Tragic Story of the Murder of JonBenet Ramsey.”

District Attorney Mary Lacy says, “We should all heed the poignant advice of John Ramsey,” quoting the girl’s father. “Do not jump to conclusions, do not rush to judgment, do not speculate. Let the justice system take its course.”

Karr’s ex-wife, Lara Knutson, told reporters she cannot defend him, then insisted he was with her in Alabama that Christmas.

He's a looney for sure, based on his opinion of Michael Jackson:

Karr said he sympathized with Michael Jackson, who has been accused of molesting young boys.

“I will tell you that I can understand people like Michael Jackson and feel sympathy when he suffers as he has,” Karr wrote.

“I can relate very well to children and the way they think and feel,” one Karr e-mail said. “I think you are asking if I am much a ’Peter Pan.’ In many ways, the answer is yes. In other ways, I suppose it is no because I am trapped in a world that does not understand.”

I don't expect he had much to do with her death.

C'mon ... ya'll know KARR did it ... KITT never would've done something like that!

Er, wait. Wrong drama.

*rolls eyes*

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I'm on a wheel of fortune with a twist of fate" ... Bee Gees ... 'Alone'