Tiger Woods and Lucerne's Success

buickguy

The success of the car has nothing to do with him...truth be told, very few people even know of the connection anymore. It's just a great car, and such an INCREDIBLE change from the previous LeSabre and Lucerne, but for the same money, that it's almost unbelievable.

Then again, the dealers around here still seem pretty thickly stocked with '06 Lucernes, more so than any other model, so it does make me wonder...

• 2 weeks later...

Tiger is the best there is.....at least for the forseeable future. He's a good front man for Buick, but he's got nothing to do with the Lucerene's success. Lucerne has done that on it's own. Just think of how successful the Lucerne would be if it had a 6 speed. That's really all it's missing to be truly competitive. Well, that and the 3.6.

tiger, successful golfer.....buick, success in the golf demographic.....the folks that buy the 3 hole lucerne. how do you sell more 4 holers?

maybe they should put the better V6 in this thing and forget the northstar.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this has been my opinion all along but I was suprised to hear a Buick dealer make the comment.

"Its too bad the Lucerne CXS is not available with the 3800 or the supercharged 3800, we would sell more of them"

N* jumps the price too much for many of us.

There is alot of trust in the 3800 and loads of respect for the L67 and its power/mileage ratio.

Many people dont want the sloppy suspension but also dont want to go to $38,000 and the mileage of the V8 to get a better handling luxury car.

To me a great problem exists in how the CXS is packaged. N* is the only way to get all the other aspects of the better car and so many people just dont give a hoot about how much power they have so long as it adaquate and the car handles well. AND that is the truth

I would have had a hard time resisting a Lucerne CXS with the L67 or better yet the series III L32 (260/280) for around $30-32,000. The thing is, that engine has been redily available too, unlike the 3.6 [apparently].

The L67 is not some lathargic weezer that needs a silly 6 sp to be manly either

But yes, not having the third engine option these past two years was a H U G E mistake ! It was there for the taking and woould have been little expence to make the wireing harness for the Lucerne to use it. Other than the harness its a plug and play powerplant in a G body.

Way to go GM :rolleyes: