'81 Citation to X-11 Conversion

wolfie559

hey all...I recently, due to a blown engine, came to ownership of my first Chevy vehicle, owning Hondas previously; I obtained a 1981 Chevy Citation V6...from what I have read at some peoples Citation fan pages online, I found that this car can be converted to the X-11...wondering if anyone here can tell me what all I need to do, or where I can go to get information on doing this...

-Wolfie

Welcome Wolfie! You try a Google search or Ask.com yet? I've been away from the Chevy history books for a while, but other than X-11 not being available as a 5-door hatchback sedan and having badging, decals, and the V-6 as standard among a few other things, I don't know much about it these days. The 2-door Club Coupe took a year off; and thus a 3-door hatchback coupe was the other body style available. Hope the search and your stay at Cheers and Gears goes well!

Some were the coupe for 1 year I think but most were the 3 door hatch all the other years.

From what I recall here are the major differances.

Dome hood

2.8 HO V6 Similar to the Fiero V6 with better heads and cam

Larger sway bars and stiffer bushings F-41 suspension

Badges stickers and floor mount shifter.

Rear spoiler

Scoop on lower rear quarter

Other than that not much is different. We had a company that would special order the F-41 on the 5 door car with the F 41 and one X-11. The 5 doors drove much like the X-11 just with out the bling.

Unless you a fan or have the parts it is not worth the expense of converting the car over. If you love a X 11 do it as few are left.

The company that has the Citations later bought a fleet of F-41 Cavalier wagons with the F-41 package and V6 engines. They were Z-24 wagond with out the markings for all intents. It was still possible back then to order some odd combo's.

• 2 weeks later...

ok...well how about this...is there anywhere that I can find replacement and tune-up parts for it? I"m getting tired of returning to Shuck's, and Napa 2-3 times a piece just to get the right part :banghead::explode:

196106[/snapback]

Just find the guy at NAPA that knows what he is doing. The 2.8 is nothing special.

The hood had a functional Cowl Induction mechanism as well on '81 and later X-11s, and after 1980, I believe they lost the stick-on side scoop.  They also had body-colored bumpers.

196773[/snapback]

Later cars also had alloy wheelsas an oprion with Goodyear Eagle GT tires 215-60-14 if I recall.

Edited by hyperv6

Welcome to the dark side. :D

hey all...I recently, due to a blown engine, came to ownership of my first Chevy vehicle, owning Hondas  previously; I obtained a 1981 Chevy Citation V6...from what I have read at some peoples Citation fan pages online, I found that this car can be converted to the X-11...wondering if anyone here can tell me what all I need to do, or where I can go to get information on doing this...

-Wolfie

191379[/snapback]

Unrelated to the topic at hand... I'm curious how you went from owning Hondas to getting a Citation? Appearantly a blown engine was the reason for getting a new a vehicle, but why a Citation? Just curious. :P