Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Oldmobile Concepts

Oh my goodness....

Is it just me ... or does that concept look a bit like the Saturn Sky (and it's Pontiac counterpart)...?

Regardless, I like it :).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 31swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"My depth perception must be off again" ... Saliva ... 'Rest In Pieces'

2001 Olds O4. Here's the sad story of it from The Encyclopedia of Oldsmobile.

The O4 represents a sad chapter in Oldsmobile history as the last glimpse of the future we would see from the division. GM gave the media an early preview of its 2001 concepts a month before the 2001 Detriot show. Among them was the Oldsmobile O4, a small European style open air roadster said to preview the styling direction of a second generation production Alero. Unfortinately, the annouced demise of the Olds division between that time and the official debut at Detroit left the O4 as an somewhat of an orphan. At the Detriot intro on January 7th, 2001, the Oldsmobile name was quietly dropped from the concept and it was referred to as the GM O4. The car's display spot at the show was hidden under a staircase in the back of GM's massive stand. They never even bothered issuing a press release, much less a media kit.

...you know knightfan you have a good eye....it has some similar elements... I think the 04 is correct too Oldsmoboi. Flybrian, just read your post...that is facinating info. Thanks for that. Ok..it's the 2001 GM 04. Very sad footnote to Olds. Damn, now I'm all sad. Edited by HarleyEarl

...you know knightfan you have a good eye....it has some similar elements...

*nods*

Thank you, HE!

I was stunned when I saw that pic for the first time.... Course, now that I've looked at it a few times, it looks less'n'less like the Sky/Solstice duo ... but, still ... kind of eerie, if you ask me....

Yup, the Oh-four was a nice car but depressing timing wise. :(

Here's a cool '54 Cutlass to bring up your spirits.

http://www.autoweteran.gower.pl/concept/19...ile_Cutlass.jpg

http://local.aaca.org/siraaca/images/corvet18.jpg

No problem Harley. And waht list of Olds. concepts would be complete without THIS:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have a soft spot for Achievas since I owned one: (just a concept sketch)

Posted Image

I'd love one of these! The center of gravity is a bit high thoughg. :P

Posted Image

Just great Guys, now Im all pissed off again, and I try so hard to be a cheerful person, but no, you just cant leave me alone and have to push my bottons. :angry: Ah I never liked change is all thats wrong with me. :( :) Anyhow, If you ask me that O4 has that blocky look known today as the A&S Cadillac look - No ? Its kinda too blocky and flat paneled for me but yet I bet I could fix it, give me some clay damnit, Ill put alittle Mitchell sharkedge on it and all will be fine. The Alpha is the one that always brings me down, how about a body kit to turn an Alero into one with a 3.5 transplant. Is there a XP # for that Cutlass 6T8 ? By far not the best Motorama car but interesting non the less.

Another shameless plug for my car also serves as a testement to how cutting-edge Oldsmobile still was in the 1990s:

This is the 1995 Aurora show car, of which the production Aurora was mostly the same.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Note the deep-tinted glass roof and also the presence of a fully-integrated satellite navigation system complete with a concealed cursor interface in the center console just fore of the armrest. Looks similar to something we see now, doesn't it? Only this layout had more plain and logical cursor functions with a select button and four general menu buttons. Plus, you could adjust the a/c the traditional way.

People don't realize that Olds was really the first with a production in-car GPS-based navigation system. Called Guidestar, it debuted in 1995 and was a cigarette-adaptor-powered option that cost about $2500. Needless to say, few were sold.

• 1 month later...

Is there a XP # for that Cutlass 6T8 ? By far not the best Motorama car but interesting non the less.

[post="15353"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wish I knew. :huh:

Fly: cool info... much of that is news to me.