Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Lake Havasu

AAS

I'm going to Lake Havasu this weekend, with the gf and her family...

... you are probably thinking "so what," and wondering why I would bother mentioning it...

Well, they just bought a boat... the fastest boat I will probably ever ride in...

It has a twin whipple charged 542 (I think that's the correct displacement), making 1300 hp! This thing is estimated to go 120 mph on the water! I just hope I don't piss my pants.

I have never seen two superchargers, side by side, on one intake manifold... it's sweet!

There's a Metro here in town with that same engine.  The kid delivers papers and needed something with some kick.

[post="16872"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:lol:

I'll have to post some pics of it next week... this should be a fun trip...

cool. I was up at Havasu a couple months ago. This guy had this boat that he just got back from Havasu boats (I believe thats the name of the company or somethin) but it had this crazy wicked paintjob and it was like a cigarette boat runnin 2 supercharged 427's...the thing was so awesome.

It's in Arizona, I believe on the western edge of the state. That's cool that you're going there, AAS. My parents went there during early August a couple of years ago. I can't wait to see your pics.

I'm back!

First of all, a correction. The engine is a 572!

Second, some more specs... The 572 produces the 1300 hp with some help from the two Whipple chargers. Those Whipple chargers are each fed by a Holley 1050!

The speedo on the boat only reads to 100 mph, but we think we hit at least 110 mph a couple of times! The boat is INSANE. It starts off all motor, then you hear the twin Whipple chargers boost up, make the most amazing whine, and the boat just flies! :D

Anyway, i'll have to wait for the gf to give me some pics off her camera before I post any.

Welcome back, AAS. I can't wait to see them either. What was the temperature like? When my parents went in early August, it hit about 130 or so, with some humidity.

Ocn, you should take a trip to a nearby dock and listen to all the boats go to and fro....you'll just know which ones are Chevy powered. You'd swear it was a Chevelle that just passed you B)

• 2 weeks later...

finally got around to posting a pic of the boat...

Notice the dual side-by-side carbs, one for each whipple charger :D

Posted Image

Here's a shot looking at the London bridge (yes, it is in Arizona now), over the front of the boat.

Posted Image

Edited by AAS

Awesome, dude.  Is that taken from the shore?  It looks like a beautiful setting.

[post="24978"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The first pic was taken at the "sand-bar." So, technically it is the shore, but it's more like a very shallow area in the middle of the river.