Airbag light

Satty

My Fusion's airbag light came on today. I wont be able to get it into the dealership until Monday at the earliest, anybody have any insight in this? Should I quit driving the car until I can get it looked at ir anything? I figure that the worst case scenario is that the airbag wont deploy in a crash, since I always wear my seatbelt I'm not uber-paranoid.

Given Ford's financial situation I wouldn't be surprised if they used an uninflated mylar "Happy Birthday" balloon that has somehow developed a tear. I'm getting sick of the radio thing, after I get my car back I'm writing Ford one hell of an email about it. At worst I get a form letter, at best they actually do something.

Our LSS's airbag light is always on. They checked it out and said nothing was wrong, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

219893[/snapback]

In your case I would worry about it. There is something wrong with your air bags and in your case with the LSS, I would make sure the airbag module under the seat I believe is not corroded or wet. GM has history of that problem in these vehicle.

Bags go boom w/o a crash.

Normally when the airbag light is on, it means that the system has been deactivated, just like when the ABS light comes on, it just means that the computer system on the vehicle has turned the airbag off because it see's a problem, which could be a blown fuse, or something more. You should be able to check the fuse panel and see if its that, but considering that the light went out on its own, it is/was a loose wire.

I got it into the dealership this morning. Originally they told me that they'd have to keep the car there to check it out, but since the light went off on its own they went ahead and ordered the radio and told me that they would look into the airbag light when they put the new radio in. There were no TSBs about it and they weren't going to get any codes because it had been a week and the car has been on and off a couple dozen times. My service advisor didn't even bother getting the radio pulled and checked out, he just ordered a new one. The only time I had to get out of the car was to put Alex back in his carseat. I had to burp him in the service bay after feeding him from the front seat on the way over.