Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

I need a new car

AxelTheRed

My '95 Olds 88 is getting to the point where its not only embarassing to be seen in, but miserable to drive. I need to find a good used car. I've decided to get either an Olds Alero or Dodge Intrepid. Anybody have any input on potential mechanical problems that are common with either of them or anything else I should look out for while searching?

Edited by AxelTheRed

what is your price range?

224083[/snapback]

Not very high. I might be able to get it up to $12,000 if I'm really lucky. I'm right in the beginning process of looking for a car right now...actually getting one might be a few months away yet.

Edited by AxelTheRed

12 grand is plenty of money to buy a good used car, since you already own an 88 which is a rromy car, I'm not sure if you'd feel "right" in an Alero as it is a lot smaller, the Interpid on the other hand can be a nice looking car and quite roomy, just beware of 2.7 liter motor.

Why not look into a Grand Prix of the late 90's early 00's, with a supecharged motor they are pretty quick and quite nice to look at, as well as the Regal GS' of this vintage.

I like Detla Force's suggestions. I had to drive an old Intrepid one day at work and I didn't know if I was going to make it back it felt so poorly assembled. An Alero is tiny compared to an 88, but a W-Body would probably be roomy enough. An early 00's Intrigue, Regal GS, or GP GTP would be a better choice than the Intrepid, and more fun to drive, I think.