Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Hot Rod poll is in on the Camaro

hyperv6

While not a scientific poll Hot Rod Magazine has posted the results of their poll. It give us some insite to the performance crowd and what they expect from Chevy and the Camaro. 1,700 people responded.

Most questions were offered in the following form

Very likley

Somewhat likley

Not very likley

Here are the top answers.

Top Tranny at 63% 6 speed manuel: This is not a suprise with this in a performance magazine I suspect the non enthusitast will make up a good percentage of auto buyers.

Would you buy IRS as an option 36% Very likely But they only want to pay $1000

If IRS was standard would you pay extra for a solid axle: Not very likely at 43% and if they did it would need to be less than $1,000

These were a suprise to Hot Rod, I guess they under estimate there readers?

Would you buy a stripper package? Not very likley 58%

Would you buy a Perferred Equipment Group $3,395 Very likley 42%

Performance Handling Package $1,700 Very likley 82%

Interior Options: Leather was the choice in two options at 17% each and a 23% in a third.

Rally Sport package Hidden head lights etc: 56% say they are very likley to want this but want to pay less than $2,000.

Z28 Package 350 HP: 50% very likley with a 5.3 and 47% would pay $3,000 and 41% want it for less than $3,000.

SS 350 Package 400 HP: 62% very likley but 51% want it for less than $5,000 42% would pay $5,000.

SS427 500HP Package: 67% Very likley but 50% want it at less than $10,000

ZL1 600HP Package: 50% very likley but 70% want it less than $20,000.

Here is the suprise!!

Convertible 59% not very likley to buy and 76% want it for less than $5,000 over base price.

Color: Black and Hugger Oarnge are at 21% with Marina Blue at 12%

If you get time read the results and see what the readers said. To me I see the performance enthusiast are wanting a car that give performance with great value.

In other words they want a loaded car at a cheap price. This is what Ford has been offering and why part of the reason the Mustang lives.

I hope GM can offer a great high feature car at a value price but quality has to be there. This will be a great challange but if they can do this it can be spread over other lines and make Chevy what it once was GM's Quality Value Leader.

As for this poll I feel it only showed what the performance people said and they are only 50% of the buyers GM is looking for. It would be interesting to see what the other 50% would want or expect in the car. I feel they would agree on keep the price as low as possible with as many features as they can get. Let face it few people in the real world want to crank window any more.

Edited by hyperv6