Climate Change

MGZ06

Climate Change  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Will you contribute to reducing the effects of climate change?

• Of coarse, We have generations to come and need to help them
    • Maybe, I might buy energy efficient products
    • Never thought about it
    • Ah who cares, i'll be gone befor it gets too hot.

Yes, and as for population, I saw a video that recorded the world's estimated population for the 2,000 years. This was represented in dots. It increased slowly until the 1700-1800s and exploded in the 20th century. We're growing too fast...eventually there won't be any room left on the planet for us.

The Mother Nature has a way of thinning us out. When was the last drop in the earth's population?

This global warming theory is just a theory. My question is that the earth is millions of years old, and the study of its climate is a relatively new science (within 150 years) compared to the age of the earth, so how do they know the earth will warm and stay warm? It's possible the earth is in one of its warming cycles and will again cool. When that happens, will there be a "global cooling" theory?

It certainly has been warmer than normal for a while now. We havent really had a cold winter for quite some time. I remember when we moved here in 1978 it wasnt uncommon to get a -30 night. Now it doesnt happen hardly at all. And 100 degree days were not common at all back then but now the last 3 summers it has happened at least once a summer. I wouldnt be so quick though to call it global warming as much as a natural cycle of the earth. We will just have to see though. Wont we?

Global warming? What's that? It is 52 degrees here and all the ski resorts just closed, laying off thousands of people - and that is the first time I can ever remember them doing that. With their snow making equipment, they can make snow up to 40 degrees, but this past month has been too much.

I am of two minds about this debate; however, any clown can understand that 6 billion people must have some impact on the global weather. Heck, large urban areas like New York, LA and Toronto actually effect the weather around them.

What drives me crazy is that while we in the West blame ourselves and bend over backwards to ban automobiles, pesticides, etc., the "emerging markets" and Third World proceed to pollute and rape the environment with impunity.

Nothing we do in North America will mean anything unless China and India (and countries like Mexico and Brazil) don't get their populaton growth under control. Funny as it sounds, just those 3 billion people's exhaling and defacating has a significant impact on the world climate.

Global warming? What's that? It is 52 degrees here and all the ski resorts just closed, laying off thousands of people - and that is the first time I can ever remember them doing that. With their snow making equipment, they can make snow up to 40 degrees, but this past month has been too much.

I am of two minds about this debate; however, any clown can understand that 6 billion people must have some impact on the global weather. Heck, large urban areas like New York, LA and Toronto actually effect the weather around them.

What drives me crazy is that while we in the West blame ourselves and bend over backwards to ban automobiles, pesticides, etc., the "emerging markets" and Third World proceed to pollute and rape the environment with impunity.

Nothing we do in North America will mean anything unless China and India (and countries like Mexico and Brazil) don't get their populaton growth under control. Funny as it sounds, just those 3 billion people's exhaling and defacating has a significant impact on the world climate.

Probably cause we're a lot more affluent than the emerging markets, meaning we use a lot more resources, eat a lot more inefficient food (i.e. meat), throw away a lot more trash, and burn a lot more gas per person. The average American consumes 30 more times more than an Indian.

Affluent nations need to conserve as much as poor nations, while poor nations need to reproduce as little as affluent nations.

Well, it's known that Earth goes through Ice Ages, and Global Warming's, so Global Warming is inevitable.

But it's likely that Humanity is accelerating the process.

There are people who say that we are the cause of Global Warming itself, and that is untrue. Whoever says that needs a science encyclopedia turned to the page of 'ice age'.