Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

CONGRATULATIONS COLTS!

*peers around*

Can hardly believe this type of thread hasn't been started yet ... so here goes:

CONGRATULATIONS INDIANPOLIS COLTS!

It's a disappointing loss for the Chicago Bears, certainly, but it's also disappointing to see the "finger pointing" at Rex Grossman. He wasn't the only one on the field....

*shakes head*

While I'm disappointed that the Bears lost, I am happy for my many friends who are staunch Colts supporters.

Hmm...baseball season isn't that far away.... Until then, Chicago has the Bulls and Blackhawks to watch, though the Blackhawks aren't doing very well. Oh, and let's not forget Mike Ditka's Chicago Rush indoor football team :)!

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Swinging for the bleachers in the 9th inning" ... Michael Martin Murphy ... 'Still Taking Chances'

Rex wasn't bad for most of the game, he was just bad at the wrong times. I think he was 20-28, but his two interceptions came at crucial times and sealed the Bears' fate.

The first quarter was very exciting and action-packed, but the second and third quarters were rather uneventful.

I predicted the Colts would win 31-17, if it wasn't for a botched extra point attempt I would have been only one point away.

I don't give a rat's ass about pro football...but I am STOKED for the Colts because a) firsts are always sweet and b) now the dumb backwoods hicks who are bitching about the new Lucas Oil Stadium being built can STFU. (Background: the RCA Dome is loud, very loud, and so loud many wear headphones to save their ears. It's kinda fugly. It cannot be used for much other than games and lacks the corporate boxes and other amenities that are just expected these days. It was outdated when it was built in 1989. The convention center in Indianapolis is tiny and needs to expand, and it will expand into where the RCA Dome currently is since they are neighboring structures that might also connect...not sure on that one. In short, it's needed.)

As a Chicago native, I wanted the Bears to win, but as a rational being, I knew the Colts were going to win and probably make the Bears look bad, unless the Bears could somehow knock Manning out and force the Colts to punt on every posession giving Hester a chance to get like 7 TD returns in the game. Anyways, 9 days until pitchers and catchers report. Go Cubbies! Please dont lose 96 games again.

it was generally a close game. I kinda wanted both to win but colts were the better team and manning final gets his super bowl. To bad it was against the bears though.

Hehe. Say what you will of the method behind my madness, but I don't care about sports in the least, but I was for the Colts because Jenn (one of my closest) lives in Indy now and was all for them winning.

I am STOKED for the Colts because a) firsts are always sweet

*raises eyebrow*

I'm guessing here you mean first as in first for the city of Indianapolis. The Colts won Super Bowl V ... as Baltimore's team.

Anyways, 9 days until pitchers and catchers report. Go Cubbies! Please dont lose 96 games again.

He he ... well, we'll see about that. Sure would be nice if they'd WIN 96 games ... but, I dunno.... Anyway, I can hardly believe pitchers and catchers reporting is less than a week away. Hmmm....based on my estimation, I should be home from the hospital before they report!

Oh ... and sciguy ... I agree whole-heartedly :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Swinging for the bleachers in the 9th inning" ... Michael Martin Murphy ... 'Still Taking Chances'

Edited by knightfan26917