Sigh

capriceman

How to destroy a 2003 Pontiac Vibe's Transmission in under 40,000 miles.

Since its cold enough to freeze hell outside i decided to get the oil change at the dealer since i had a discount thing in the mail. Before i go I check every thing under the hood so i know if they are lying. I get to the Trans fluid pull the dip stick up its pure black and gritty with shinny metal flanks. "Oh $h!."

Its still drivable some how. I ask them to check into it and 1,2 are toast and a couple of over gizmo's are toast. Also i have a Valve Ticking now from cylinder #4. I will get the estimate tomorrow.

I guess driving it like you stole doesn't work in modern Econo cars. Wheres My old Geo.

Plus i have a great deal given to me on a 02 Sierra Z71. but I don't want to spend money right now.

The DTS is gone. A 98 Lesabre coming in.

A New House coming.

And so much other crap

Some one help me.....

Please...

Edited by capriceman

I hear ya...

I AGAIN watched my wife's car get hit....again. :rolleyes:

It happened a few days ago...Cavy in the shop again.....

I actually feel calm enough to say it now....

And the insurance company is pissed. They want me to pay more out of pocket...it's looking like an extra 200-300 bucks.....

And I just found out about an hour ago the battery on the other car has gone to battery heaven. And it's not even 3 years old

yet. :censored:

The only thing running or not in a shop is the wagon. I might be in trouble. Then again, she's done quite well in this cold snap.

On the other hand, the wagon gets an oil change tomorrow....

Must be a MI curse thing....

NOS- if you're reading this-hide the Cobalt now......

Cap-you could leave it parked with the keys somewhere in the D....

Good bye Vibe problem. :thumbsup:

Its the 2nd least likely car to get stolen next to the LeSabre and Taurus wagon.

Should this be time for a ecotec 2.0 DI turbo swap...

But yeah I called other shops around and they want only about 200 bucks less than the dealer so its going to cost about me about 1600. I don't know i destroyed it in under 40k.

WMJ i know how you feel but it is a 303k car thats a lot of general wear and tear. And you just got done with the trans swapping to. It might be cheaper than 68's Datsun to repair tho. easier to get parts.

I'm guessing its a little to late for Lucas transmission fix? But that stuff really works I swear by it, it worked in my lumina euro giving it an extra 2 years since the day it wouldn't move an inch, and the trans operated no differently then the day I bought it. But still one day it decided to not move any further and then I sold it for $150 to the local scrap yard so it wasn;t a total loss.

Edited by Buickfosure

Its the 2nd least likely car to get stolen next to the LeSabre and Taurus wagon.

Should this be time for a ecotec 2.0 DI turbo swap...

But yeah I called other shops around and they want only about 200 bucks less than the dealer so its going to cost about me about 1600. I don't know i destroyed it in under 40k.

WMJ i know how you feel but it is a 303k car thats a lot of general wear and tear. And you just got done with the trans swapping to. It might be cheaper than 68's Datsun to repair tho. easier to get parts.

It's funny you say that about a Taurus wagon.....

That just sucks about the trans...

I feel like a child of mine has just been diagnosed with a fatal disease. You put so much time, money, effort and love into these things and and then they all go to heck on you. Some of you won't know what I'm talking about since you change cars like underwear, but this feels like a kick in the nuts. :(

No, I hear you, but you turned over 300,000 and you're complaining. Please don't. :lol: Now Cappy's story, that's time for :hissyfit: .

well Its technically not my car but i pay half of the payment so when I drive it I do tear it up. red line shifts. When its wet out spin the tires and watch the tach bounce off the rev limiter. But at 40k I would not expect that to happen. So far this car has been a junk pile tho. Its a Shop queen for sure. Its a great car and all but the drive train is utter rubbish. handling superb, great utility. but its slow doesn't get posted MPG and has horrible shifts. I guess I will fix this and wont touch it.

yeah the LeSabre was under 2 k has low miles but its pink. When i pick it up sometime in the next 2 months i will get pics.

But 7500 for a 02 sierra z71 5.3L 90k tho but Its tempting. Oh well.

well Its technically not my car but i pay half of the payment so when I drive it I do tear it up. red line shifts. When its wet out spin the tires and watch the tach bounce off the rev limiter. But at 40k I would not expect that to happen. So far this car has been a junk pile tho. Its a Shop queen for sure. Its a great car and all but the drive train is utter rubbish. handling superb, great utility. but its slow doesn't get posted MPG and has horrible shifts. I guess I will fix this and wont touch it.

yeah the LeSabre was under 2 k has low miles but its pink. When i pick it up sometime in the next 2 months i will get pics.

But 7500 for a 02 sierra z71 5.3L 90k tho but Its tempting. Oh well.

Pink?

And that is a good deal for a truck..

its 98 and pink I just made the deal recently to replace the DTS cause it was going to work out. I have intill june to pick it up and its in a garage so why throw it in a back yard?