Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HarleyEarl

What Car is This?

11 posts in this topic

This is the most facinating rebadging of a car. And very early on.

What rebadged car is this, and who built it? Hint: Will that be c.o.d?

Posted Image Edited by HarleyEarl

I can't say for sure on the above car, but Sears did market a brass era car for a few years circa '09, and again did the very same thing with the Henry J/ Sears Allstate in the early '50s for a few years- another obvious textbook 'rebadge'.

Yes, I believe Allstate Insurance Co. was started by Sears & Roebuck, wasn't it? I remember reading about the rebadged Henry J, but I didn't know they did it earlier as well.

Yep, it's the 1911 Sears high-wheeler. It was built by the Lincoln Motor Car Works in Chicago. They built them from 1908 to 1911 and last offered by Sears in 1912. They sold them by mail order. And that is not the only unusual item they sold. From 1908 to 1940, Sears sold over 100,000 homes through their catalogue. They came in numerous designs and floor plans. Quite facinatiing.

Here's an example:

Posted Image

My mom lived in a Craftsman bungalow for a while. It was a really nice house that just needed updating to be awesome. Very solid.

I worked on a friend's house about a year & a half ago; a Sears kit house from the '20s. Not bad structurally, and underneath the ratty vinyl siding was one of my favorite house treatments: InsulBrick!

It's kinda neat that Sears still does siding and windows and such. I get a flyer in the mail from time to time.

I was just looking at the terminology and noticed what they refer to as 'chambers' to identify what we call bedrooms. Also take note that there was the option of using am upstairs room as a toilet or storage room. Man have things changed. Yes and 'Insulbrick'...I forgot about that material! So much of it has been covered up with vinyl or metal siding. Edited by HarleyEarl

Speaking of which ever seen the movie "Tin Men"?

It's like a Cadillac Orgy. At one point there's a sceene of a perking lot wiht like seven early 60s Caddys. I believe there's a '63, a couple '64, a '62 and a couple '61s... IIRC. :wub:

FANTASTIC movie!!!

Posted Image

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0