This disease is so damn incurable!

1994 Caddy Fleetwood sedan (not a Brougham). For sale locally.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have admired this car for the past two years, as I've seen it parked at ACME several times and just driving around town. Problem is that finances aren't supporting this purchase, neither is the wife. Caddycruiser has been a big help so far with answering questions for me - thanks bud! :cheers:

Pray for me that I hit the lottery this week... I'll go and play today! In the meantime, if anyone wants to donate to my "cure this disease" fund, I'll be happy to take your money! :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

In the meantime, if anyone wants to donate to my "cure this disease" fund, I'll be happy to take your money!

*chuckles*

You and me both, bud!

My goodness ... I try so hard not to LOOK at cars for sale ... and then, woop ... always staring me in the face. Very tough to move on and not even look ... he he.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"There is more than one way to say exactly what you mean to say" ... Fastball ... 'Out Of My Mind'

Well, caddycruiser did me a big favor and called the guy that's selling the car (I figured he's the expert on these cars, and he'd know the right questions to ask). The guy put some money into fixing up the car mechanically, but here's where I have a problem with it - it has 189,000 miles. caddycruiser isn't as concerned as I am about the higher mileage, due to the repairs the guy already did and the shape the car appears in. Plus he knows that these "tanks" are well built and can sustain up to 300K on the clock if well cared for. So I'm not as interested as I was last week, but I still like the car! Call me :stupid: If he wasn't asking $3,995, and more like $1,500-$2,000, I probably wouldn't care as much (don't ask why). But does anyone else get the same vibe as I do in regards tot he mileage this car has, or is it just me? BTW, I really appreciate caddycruiser's assistance with all of my questions and favors - he is a true friend to us C&Gers! :cheers:

Completely agree with you Roger, as I said in my PM, for your uses, a little old lady, lower mileage car would probably be the best bet. I've actually been drawn in by a LOT of these cars over the years, but sometimes it's just best to take a step back, and really think about what you want or could really use.

For a lower price, this could be a great car, and could be one for a very long time, but at 13 years and almost 200k, it's still a car and could have issues. I'd keep a check in on this one to see if it ever sells or how much lower he might think of going, but otherwise just keep an eye out casually, especially since it's not really a need right now. Choices are actually getting more limited with time, especially being a fairly rare car, but they still pop up. I'd still be interested in seeing this black one, at least up close, for the heck of it.

And again, I'd be more than willing to give you a look-see around mine whenever, go for a ride/drive, etc., so you can really see what one's like. You're very welcome for the assistance :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by caddycruiser

Those LT1s will last a very long time. Last year my father tore down an LT1 from a '94 Caprice cop car for use in his Bel Air project. The cylinder walls looked brand new, showing no signs of wear at 140K miles. With regular TLC that I'm sure it'll get from you, Roger, the thing's practically in its infancy. For $4K it's a stretch, but let him twist in the wind for a while and see if he comes down.

caddycruiser, I agree. For the best condition Caddies (especially of this vintage), on that's been pampered by an elderly couple is a pretty solid bet. Check eBay for some Florida Caddies.

Just thought of something to post. I know this guy very well, and he's had a '94 Fleetwood since buying it new back in late '93/early '94. He's changed some things like giving it an Impala SS grade suspension and also a center console conversion (popular thing to do, moreso with Caprices and Roadmasters). Has been a traveling salesman and such for years, so the car racked up the miles, and a lot of weekends would then get taken to the track to race or for shows.

Posted Image

The kicker? He now has over 340k miles on it, and has NEVER touched anything in the engine, just typical things like water pumps and such over the years. Here's a list he made a couple years ago when he just hit the 300k mark:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-1...vette+fuel+rail

And now his current photo and video hosting for the car. Aside from some expected wear on the driver's seat, I can say for fact that this car is in better condition than a lot of lower mileage vehicles, and he swears it's still as drum tight and solid as day one--and that his secret to keeping things lasting so long is actually driving it and giving it a workout, and not letting it sit. He was also trying to sell it for the past several months, just because he has too many cars (including a new STS-V he treated himself to), but has backed down on that a bit and still has it.

His center console is one of the best ever done, and came from a '95-99 Riviera, if you couldn't tell.

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j248/sss...20SS/?start=all

Really a testament to the strength and durability, and just one of them--a big reason why we buy these things still. Plus, who can beat that style, luxury, and room with a powertrain that's one of the most durable ever made and can lay tracks all day, especially with a million different bolt ons?

Can you tell I like them, haha...as if the sig wasn't enough...

Edited by caddycruiser

Aaaaahhhhhh! Just as soon as I start to get over this car (haven't driven by it since Tuesday!), you two have to go and post! :P

I still want this car, and unfortunately z28luvr01, he still has the car advertised again in the local newspaper still at $3,995. I'm telling you that if he lowered it to $2,000 I don't care what the wife would say (or more importantly, the fact I'd be outside sleeping in it), I'd buy it at that price (still have to find the cash, but I'd be more motivated!). $4k is too much for this car with that kind of mileage, and regardless of how well he took care of it or what he spent to fix it up, a car like this just isn't going to attract anyone (notice how it hasn't sold already in the three weeks he's had it for sale?). I'm going to wait it out and see if he lowers his price any in the newspaper. Since I don't have the cash in my pocket, I'm not calling him to negotiate. If he lowers it on his own, then I'll be motivated to find the cash and then contact him (at least then I'll know he understands that he can't get what he wants for it).

I really need to see if this is the right car for me - I mean, I've always loved how they look and I've ridden in many as limos, but I've never driven one myself. caddycruiser, I just may be taking you up on your offer soon. When's a good time for you?

Exactly right. Drop the price, and I'd be on it a bit more. It still could be good to at least show interest, though, and leave a number, like you had asked if I did before.

Questions:

1) The grille on that Fleetwood is just the stock one, but with the center region blacked out and a Cadillac emblem placed on the center, to replace the original hood mount one. I know a few people who have done this, including a guy that lives not far from here, in PA--his is Dark Cherry, and also looks great.

Here's what it looks like on a black one (ignore the white letter tires, and such, hah) with 200k miles....

Posted Image

Posted Image

2) Me. I'm available all weekend. Just went for a little cruise/shopping spin around, and realized the car is a bit dirty from sitting out, but still not bad. That said, tomorrow could work...email me ([email protected]).

Edited by caddycruiser