Oh joy, I have the flu.

Hmm... 105.3?

Get some rest. Drink lots of fluids (etc, etc). You were about 3 degrees off from frying your brain. And we don't need any more deaths around here.

Feel better.

PS: A short anecdote. One time that I had a fever in the middle of a heat wave. I stepped outside in it. I was actually relieved to escape the air conditioning. It wasn't quite like standing outside in the middle of winter and then stepping into a well-heated house. The feeling was a bit different from that.

Edited by aaaantoine

Holy cow dude... isn't 105* dealdy after like half an hour? :huh:

Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well!

Get well!!! I know what you are going through. I was sick for about 3 weeks before this week and as of Wednesday I got sick again with the flu. I wasn't reading 105 though, more like 102. Anyways, get better, getting sick sucks especially when my boss won't let me not go into work if I am even sick. He says we should have booked it off the week before which is stupid because you usually don't get the heads up by then.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it ^_^

Well, the funny thing was, earlier that day before I went to see my doctor my fever read 103, but I felt so hot that I went there in shorts and short sleeve shirt because the cold air felt so good. When they read off my temp it was like 97.8

Last night at 10pm or son it read 105.3, so we went to the hospital (I could barely walk, felt kinda dizzy and very disoriented and wasn't able to talk too well. This time I wore pants and my coat though. They took the temp and it read 101, gave me some Tylenol, and had us go to one of the rooms. They tested be for the flu (which involves shoving something up your nose), and retook my temp, which had gone back up to 103. They acted more quickly after that. They decided to have me take a high dose of ibuprofen. If you've ever read the label on t he package. it says take 1 200mg tablet every 4 hours (or 2 tablets if the fever doesn't respond) and do not exceed 6 within 24 hours unless directed by doctor. Well they have me taking 4 (800mg) tablets every 8 hours (and between the doses, 2 tablets of Tylenol).

So they gave me my first heavy dose of ibuprofen and I got out of the hospital at like midnight or so, went straight to bed..and around 3 or so I sat straight up and started talking to Jessica. Boy what a difference. I'm still sick, but the fever is gone finally, I don't have hot and cold flashes, and for the first time since Thursday I don't have a headache.

Sity8: I know it's deadly after a certain amount of time I just dunno how long.

Guest YellowJacket894

Oh, boy, do I pretty much know what you're going through. I was running a fever of 100 plus last week when I had the f@#king flu, and I let my stupid ass dehydrate and I passed out. I had to go to the hospital a little later on in the day so they could run a few tests on me.

On the bright side, I discovered that playing guitar has given me wonderful callouses on my fingertips that make them numb to glucose testing. Why was B.B. King bitching in those commercials?

Edited by YellowJacket894

OH man, Dodgefan ... very sorry about your sickness :(.

Thoughts/prayers that you get better and start feeling better soon!

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Enough is enough, I can't take anymore" ... Alabama ... 'Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

I have been sick the last few days too. I didnt check to see if I had a fever. I dont think I did but when you cant stop coughing for 5 minutes that tends to get to you. I didnt work on Friday because I was sick to the point where doing every little thing made me exhausted. I also ached all over and hurt from coughing so much. Now I have a little bit of the cough and runny nose. At least I can do things now and now get exhausted. Good thing since we had about 10 inches of snow and I needed to remove it.

Edited by 2005 EquinoxLS