Feb. 2007 Sales: Mitsubishi Motors N.A.

Feb. 2007 Sales: Mitsubishi Motors N.A.

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) today reported February sales of 9,726 units, up 22% from last February's total of 7,976.

Mitsubishi's calendar year sales have increased 23.7% compared to the first two months of 2006. The February increase follows a January increase of more than 25%. Mitsubishi sales have increased in eight of the eleven months of the current fiscal year (FY2006).

"While we are pleased with the sales of the past two months, all of MMNA is enthusiastically looking to the future," said MMNA CEO Hiroshi Harunari. "The marketplace performance of our products provides tremendous forward momentum and in the Spring we will add the exciting all-new Lancer sedan to the mix."

The Lancer shares a platform with Mitsubishi's new fuel-efficient Outlander crossover SUV, which saw February sales of 1,956 units, up 84% from last February's volume. Other February sales highlights:

-Outlander sales were up 114% year-to-date.

-Galant sales were up 9.7% in February and 7.2% year-to-date.

-Eclipse coupe sales were up 12.8% in February and 24.1% year-to-date.

-Eclipse Spyder convertible sales were more than ten times higher this February than a year ago.

-Endeavor SUV sales were up more than 35 percent in February.

[source: Mitsubishi Motors North America]

See this is the perception of import cars.

About four years ago Mitsubishi was as tarnished as probably Chrysler is, yet for two consecutive months their sales have gone up.

Yet Chrysler and Ford are struggling. It does not make sense.

See this is the perception of import cars.

About four years ago Mitsubishi was as tarnished as probably Chrysler is, yet for two consecutive months their sales have gone up.

Yet Chrysler and Ford are struggling. It does not make sense.

You'd have a point if Mitsubishis actually sold well. They don't. Ever wonder why they haven't provided sales charts for months now like every other automaker?

yeah, but point being I don't think aside from the Enclave replacing the Buickman 299 lease special (rendezvous) its not like Buick is going to add that many more models in the future. We all know that.

I'm a Buickfan too, just saying that at least Mits is increasing sales and making positive gains and your trashing that, but Buick is severly trending toward extinction in the volume area and you are more than willing to make excuses for that. All I am saying is a lot of people who are not GM fans would say the same about Buick or Pontiac if each brand is content to sell at the niche volumes your bashing brands like Mits and Suzuki and such.

Its not like buick would double sales if they doubled models either, you are assuming that only and it may not be true in today's competitive market. Chrysler introduced the Aspen, so automatically I should assume Durango + Aspen = 2x previous Durango sales?

If I take a LaCrosse and throw a new grille on it and call it Regal will that double sales?

Its actually quite reprehensible but certainly pragmatic that Pontiac and Buick combined for huge numbers not that long ago and now they are forced to put the spin on it but saying they are one 'distribution group'....

just seems like a pot calling the kettle black kind of thing. Toyota is the one everyone should force their negative energy on, for being such dinks.

it's not like if mits went away that those buyers would become GM buyers. they would all buy Japanese cars anyways most likely. Why give Honda and Toyota more business?

Edited by regfootball

The fact is, though, that Buick is still selling well given its half-lameduck product lineup while Mitsubishi has an entire crop of newish cars that can't post significant gains. I'll grant you a major problem is the dealer network, or lack thereof. I don't know about you, but I don't find any local Mitsubishi dealership appealing.

My other beef with Mitsu is post some real goddamn numbers, guys. Seriously. If you're doing so great, it'll show. If you're not doing great, fine. Guess what? Daewoo posted numbers when it was around, too. So what's the problem here.

Toyota is the one everyone should force their negative energy on, for being such dinks.

True.

my theory is I'm fine if there a few japanese makes making small to moderate volumes, and all of them are roughly equal. the problem is now with the CR phenomenon and such, EVERYONE is buying toyota without considering other makes. So we'll have big Toyota and the other Japanese makes. It will allow Toyota to get far too big for what it deserves and it threatens GM and Ford's position. And that's the issue I have, Toyota being for too big when many of the other Japanese products are just as good.