Choppin' Competition #37 - Pontiac G8

Welcome to Choppin' Competition #37!

Posted Image

Well, its here - the long-awaited rear-wheel drive Pontiac concept that is uncannily similar to what we'll be given to purchase in the coming year. Many have fallen head over heals for the clean, crisp, and modern lines of the G8 while other wish it had more character, more charm, and more Pontiac styling. Wherever your opinion falls, we can all agree we're in store for a real high-quality performance sedan that just may recapture some much-needed audience for Pontiac. For those in the latter camp, however, here's your chance.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to modify the existing Pontiac G8 show car in any way you desire. Yes, that means anything goes from the smallest taillamp or headlamp modifications to a completely new fascia to different bodystyles like a coupe, convertible, or wagon. Maybe you want to see the G8 as a patrol car or GT touring race car - everything goes!

Please use only the Pontiac G8 as the base pic for your entry.

Some Picture Sources...
-Autodeadline*
-Autoblog
-CarPhotoSite
-Netcarshow

Size guidelines remain at 800x600, so please size your entry accordingly. Please do not submit your images as Bitmap (.bmp) files.

The winner will recieve a GM-related prize from C&G!

Deadline is Saturday, March 17th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck and have fun! :CG_all:

*Instructions for accessing high-resolution images through AutoDeadline:
Replace the bold, orange section of the URL...
(http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/*query?silverado&Source=all)
...with the make/model/etc you're searching for. Replacing 'silverado' with 'lesabre' will bring up downloadable hi-res images of the Buick LeSabre.

Why thank you, Mr. Blackwell.

I'll probably be able to do the G8 color pallet tonight sometime; it should be a quick ten, fifteen minute job. Would you like me to do the pallet on the regular G8 GT show car or my concept? Probably the show car since that's the one you'll be able to buy, right?

The G8 design is clean and neat enough for the most parts. I'll simply:-

(1) Eliminate the phony, ricey and ugly hood intakes.

(2) Add a pair of functional brake cooling duct intakes.

(3) Eliminate the uncomplimentary spoiler.

(4) Remove the side marker/blinkers from the bumper.

(5) Add mirror mounted marker/blinkers.

(6) Add a full underbody tray feeding into a functional rear diffuser (Not shown)

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you extended the deadline !!!...anyway I had time to finish this after the weekend Webcast on my site , & BTW Thank You all here who logged on, it was Very Sucsessful for us ...well over 25,000 people showed up to see the Live Race Art. Here is my entry, Pontiac G8 GP Coupe :

Posted Image

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Guest YellowJacket894

MDM has something going on called "Sting Ray Studios." Then we see someone named "Sting Ray" greet him like an old friend.

Huh. There's that wierd smell in the air again.