How much would you pay?

Im just curious...how much would you pay for:

A 1966 Buick Electra 225 Custom

2-door hardtop

325 hp V8

15,000 original miles

auto transmission

manual features(windows,locks,mirrors, seats)

AM radio

Power steering/breaks

deep red vinyl seats

bright red exterior(new paint job)

all in excelent condition?

I want to know how desirable my car will be after I finish it...planning on selling it in 5 years...maybe.

You can bet it would bring more if it were repainted in the original color. Is white the original? White with red interior was always a popular, sporty color combo back then. I'd consider keeping it white.

Condition and documentation will be everything for that car. Even with all of that in place, it will be a struggle to get past 10k. There is nothing intrinsically collectible about the model, so its selling points are the condition it is in for its age and how complete its history is.

So, no definitive answers yet. It's a cool car, Raven. Maybe if you buy those Old Car Trader, etc., magazines, or Hemming's Motor News from time to time and research what others are paying for a car like yours, that would help you come up with a good eventual asking price.

Convertibles are a whole different ballgame.

Didn't you inherit this car? I think you should plan to keep it indefinitely because it's cool, not costing you much, and it will appreciate. Let your other cars be the pawns when you need a change. Just don't kick this one out of the garage - it has earned a protected spot.

Convertibles are a whole different ballgame.

Didn't you inherit this car? I think you should plan to keep it indefinitely because it's cool, not costing you much, and it will appreciate. Let your other cars be the pawns when you need a change. Just don't kick this one out of the garage - it has earned a protected spot.

I got the car from my godfather.

It was bought by a woman in the next town over from me...she used it to buy groceries and shop...then she died and left the car to her grandson who ended up being the boss of my cousin who found the car for my godfather about 10 years ago. He took it to shows etc but he didnt use it as much as time went by because his wife wanted a new car...then in 2003 their house burnt down so the car sat in the driveway not even being started up. Then last may he asked me if I wanted it. So last summer I stayed there for a week to clean up the car and I got it towed here in octo.ber. Now it's mine

I have come to a descision...the car is staying white...white hides body imperfections better then a darker car,...and I know that I am not spending $5000+ just to get the body perfect...major dents and dings I'll get removed. Also, I won't have to paint the door sills and sheet metal under the hood.