Challenger Specifications

NOS2006

Found this browsing through the Chrysler Media site

Mods: Please remove this if I'm not allowed to post it.

Dodge 2006 Challenger Concept

Size:

Length: 197.8” (5025 mm)

Wheelbase: 116.0” (2945mm)

Front Overhang: 38.9” (989mm)

Width: 78.6” (1997mm)

Height: 57.0” (1449mm)

Track, Frt/Rr: 64.0”/65.1”

Couple: 31.5” (800mm)

Color:

Exterior: Challenger Orange

Interior: Black

Key Performance Attributes:

0-60 mph: 4.5 seconds

60-0 ft: 133 ft.

Standing 1⁄4 mile: 13 seconds

Top Speed: 174mph

Range: 300 miles

Powertrain and Suspension:

Engine: 6.1L Hemi (425hp@6000rpm, 420ft-lbs@4800rpm)

Drivetrain: RWD/ 6-speed-manual

Suspension: Short/long-arm Independent

Front Tire Size: P255/40R20

Wheel Size: 20”X 9”

Outer Diameter: 29.76” (777mm)

Rear Tire Size: P265/45R21

Wheel Size: 21”X 10”

Outer Diameter: 29.76” (756mm)

Why would this not be allowed? Those are the concept's specs...

I'm not sure. I just pulled the text from Chrysler Media's site, so I was unsure.

He lives in Flint. Maybe he's used to being afraid? :AH-HA_wink:

Only 6 months a year. Right now, I shouldn't' be afraid... :P

Anyway, I was impressed by the performance numbers it throws down. It's slightly slower than the GT500 in the 1/4 mile, about the same 0-60, and has a higher top speed (though this may only be because the GT500 is electronically limited to 150 or so). This is surprising since the Challenger has 75 less horsepower... I thought the Challenger would be heavy, guess not!

Aren't those just estimates? I doubt they did any hardcore tests with a one off concept.

Anyhow, there is a pretty solid "rumor" that states that the 2009 model SRT lineup, which would include the top model Challenger, will be getting a 500+ HP 392ci HEMI. That should take care of the GT500, unless it gets an upgraded powertrain by then.

I'm not sure. I just pulled the text from Chrysler Media's site, so I was unsure.

Anyway, I was impressed by the performance numbers it throws down. It's slightly slower than the GT500 in the 1/4 mile, about the same 0-60, and has a higher top speed (though this may only be because the GT500 is electronically limited to 150 or so). This is surprising since the Challenger has 75 less horsepower... I thought the Challenger would be heavy, guess not!

I'm not sure either, but the first 4 words in your quote are: "Dodge 2006 Challenger Concept" so I figured it was the concept.

As Brew said, those aren't official numbers, so we'll have to wait and see.

Aren't those just estimates? I doubt they did any hardcore tests with a one off concept.

Anyhow, there is a pretty solid "rumor" that states that the 2009 model SRT lineup, which would include the top model Challenger, will be getting a 500+ HP 392ci HEMI. That should take care of the GT500, unless it gets an upgraded powertrain by then.

As quoted from Allpar:

A 6.4 liter Hemi was shown at SEMA, matching the historic 392 cid; expect a production version! You can buy a crate version for racing, with over 500 horsepower. The production version’s horsepower rating is expected to be no more than 500 hp - 470 is what we expect. This would most likely replace the 6.1 Hemi, and would be used only in SRT models.

As quoted from Allpar:

This is also from Allpar.....so who knows:

CanadianJeepYJ wrote that, according to a Chrysler rep talking informally: “Cars should start rolling off the line in January-Feburary of 2008, hitting the dealers by March. There will be a SXT model with either a V-6 or a 4.7 V-8. The first hemi R/T's will be all autosticks. The SRT-8s will be the 6.4 Hemis putting out 500-505 HP. The story right now is the manual trans is still up in the air, he said there is a faction that wants only autosticks, and another wants the 6 speeds. He's backing the 6 speed availability.”

Maybe the part you read about the 470 HP 392ci HEMI was written before the Viper was bumped to 600 HP??....and they didn't want the other SRT-8's treading into Viper HP territory??

Ehh, I doubt that.. I'm sure they've known the Viper was getting 600 HP way before January.

Well, the quote in your post is not dated. I have no idea from what part of Allpar it came from. :confused0071: I looked in the 392 engine section, the LY platform section, and then found what I posted in the Challenger section.