Cell phone use while driving - yikes

Cell phones while driving  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How much or how little do you do this?

• Constantly
    • A fair bit
    • As needed
    • Very rare
    • Never

The fact that Cory's above response was texted out on his phone while driving proves he needs to maybe stop doing it.

:rotflmao:

Corey: Whatever, no one can tell you anything. I already explained why I'm not directing this at Satty. And show me the hypocrisy.

Honestly I'm done with this...

Corey: Whatever, no one can tell you anything. I already explained why I'm not directing this at Satty. And show me the hypocrisy.

Honestly I'm done with this...

No. It's just you. And I already pointed it out. You haven't pointed out anything. So what are you done with? There's nothing to be done with. You're the only making an issue out of this, not me or anyone else. I innocently posted, you berated, I followed up, you berated, I once again followed up, and you just berated some more. I don't think you know what you're doing. The fact that you can't even spell my name right, even after Fly did, says something... Who knows what, but something. :P

For the record, I spend most of my time in the car stuck in traffic, texting at 5mph isn't that dangerous. I have veered onto the rumble strips on the highway whilst texting a couple of times, nobody around, no harm, no foul. I dont text or talk on the phone with the kid in the car unless I'm at a red light.

I'm in the very rarely category. I have a bluetooth speaker thingy that I clip to the visor (I hate those ear ones, I think people look like demented Lt. Uhura impersonators) that allows me to voice dial without taking my eyes off the road. I also have assigned ringtones to the people that I really want to take a call from, so I might not answer if it's not someone I know.

Just because you can do something while driving does not mean you should. Just because you haven't had an accident doesn't mean you never will.

Just because you can do something while driving does not mean you should. Just because you haven't had an accident doesn't mean you never will.

If I said "I should", point it out to me. If I said "I would never have an accident", point it out to me.

Again, changing a CD is more distracting than texting. I don't see posts bitching about people who do that, which just about everyone without a CD changer does. So why is texting the subject being beat to death? As far as I'm concerned, anyone who doesn't drive with both hands on the wheel entirely, never touches or does anything else while driving, never has passengers, never listens to music, never looks at the gauges, and focuses 100% on driving has no room to speak against anything that was brought up in the thread. Anything done while driving can be dangerous. Only those who truly remove all means of distraction are safe. Even then, that doesn't make them a good driver. Much of this thread is just pointless politics.

Either way, you guys are still jumping to conclusions. It's not like I text while I'm doing 60 down some twisty backroad. I do it at a speed I feel comfortable doing it at and most likely on a straight stretch of road. I don't look at my actual phone anymore than I look at the gauges.

Edited by blackviper8891

If I said "I should", point it out to me. If I said "I would never have an accident", point it out to me.

The fact that you think that was directed entirely towards you and your habit of texting while driving (it wasn't) is extremely telling... :P

Pssh... Try to change a Radio station when your radio is in a Glove box in a Full sized sedan. Or Try to roll down all 4 windows in a full sized sedan while traveling 60+ on some curvy roads. That my friend takes talent.

Today I had to bounce my car off a curb so i could keep my mirror. A older lady starring at a Blackberry in here Lexus SUV came over way to far like both tires were a foot in my lane. I hugged the curbed so close i bounced my tire off it and White walls cant take that. I honked my horn then she gave me that death stare while still in my lane. So i gave her a taste of her own medicine. Opened up my 5 liters got my trunk where here front tire was and changed lanes.

Also Its fun to oder parts out of a 2000 page catalog with size 7 print while driving. But I rarely use my cell phone in my car. I only dial at a stop sign or light. Before i Pick up I look to see who it is to see if its even worth the risk.

BV: I'm sure you can text and talk just fine while driving and had no major mishaps. I am accused of doing lots of multi tasking while driving to. But my point is how can you judge your driving? Its like If you grade your own test you know you put the wrong answer down but you still mark it right. You probably don't notice it or don't even do it but we all catch our selfs doing something wrong while driving that we don't tell others. You can say i think im a good driver. Not "I am a good driver." Nothing personal.

BV: I'm sure you can text and talk just fine while driving and had no major mishaps. I am accused of doing lots of multi tasking while driving to. But my point is how can you judge your driving? Its like If you grade your own test you know you put the wrong answer down but you still mark it right. You probably don't notice it or don't even do it but we all catch our selfs doing something wrong while driving that we don't tell others. You can say i think im a good driver. Not "I am a good driver." Nothing personal.

I didn't say I was good driver either. My, you guys really like to put words in my mouth. :lol::D

Do I think I am, though? I don't think I'm the best driver there ever was, but I think I'm decent. If I wanted third party opinions, I could go to my family or friends, which say I'm a good driver, but I know things they don't obviously. I'll admit when I do something wrong, which I have before. I'm just saying texting doesn't affect my driving as much as some people would like to imply. It's not hard to critique my own driving. I know when I drift out of a lane, take a turn or brake too early or late. Texting generally doesn't cause me to do anything like that. Other things have, however. As I said, most of this thread is just politics. Texting, while obviously not the safest thing to do, isn't as dangerous as some would like to imply, especially if you know what you're doing. That's what I've been trying to say since my first post, but some people are too hypocritical to understand. :P

Man...and to think Cory thought I was the only one to take issue...

I didn't say you were the only one to have a problem with it, I said you were the only one to turn it into an issue and make it into such a big deal, not mention go about all of it in a disrespectful tone. How you continue to post just reinforces that, especially after you said "I'm done with this". I just think it's a little hypocritical and harsh. I mean, what does it matter to you what I do? I'm just some person on some forum to you. *shrugs*

I mean, what does it matter to you what I do? I'm just some person on some forum to you. *shrugs*

You're wrong, Koree. More wrong than you'll ever know. You're Kok's beacon of hope, his divining light, his northern star, his lighthouse in stormy seas. You guide, you provide, you care, you share, and you love with a passion so strong no man can refuse. You are the wind beneath his gossamer wings.

Posted Image

FIN