Hyundai Veracruz

Flybrian

Maybe when you press it, the lights dim and the stereo starts playing Barry White.

"Ohhhhhh baby"

I'm guessing pressing "mood" alters the color of the ambient lighting? I know the MINI has like 2,231,976 choices. Ditto the Mustang, for the gauges.

With that said, the Veracruz is the least likely sort of car to have mood lighting.

Edited by empowah

i saw the veracruz at the autoshow today. what a steaming ugly pile of you know what. they took the same dumb character line of the elantra (the korean hills or WHATEVER) and put them on a big ugly crossover.

let me say this. everyone is TRYING to come up with the ultimate crossover. It is so obvious in the flesh that GM has done it with the Lambdas. Time will tell when the new lowlander and pilot come out. But the MDX is the ONLY crossover right now that has the sort of appeal the lambadas do. And you have to keep the prices close between the MDX and Acadia to say that.

I don't even like the CX-9. Yuck.

Edited by regfootball

i saw the veracruz at the autoshow today. what a steaming ugly pile of you know what. they took the same dumb character line of the elantra (the korean hills or WHATEVER) and put them on a big ugly crossover.

let me say this. everyone is TRYING to come up with the ultimate crossover. It is so obvious in the flesh that GM has done it with the Lambdas. Time will tell when the new lowlander and pilot come out. But the MDX is the ONLY crossover right now that has the sort of appeal the lambadas do. And you have to keep the prices close between the MDX and Acadia to say that.

I don't even like the CX-9. Yuck.

The Acadia is a decent looking crossover, but the interior design sucks. How can you let a vehicle that is nearly 11" longer has less 2nd row room than the Veracruz? Headroom in the 2nd row also sucked. If I wanted something that looked like a brick flying into the wind, the Acadia would be my first choice though.

The Acadia is a decent looking crossover, but the interior design sucks. How can you let a vehicle that is nearly 11" longer has less 2nd row room than the Veracruz? Headroom in the 2nd row also sucked. If I wanted something that looked like a brick flying into the wind, the Acadia would be my first choice though.

Here is the comparison.

http://www.carsdirect.com/research/compare...0,USB70GMS242A0

You are right about the Leg Room, for the second row as the Acadia lacks it by about 1.5 inches. But about 0.6 inches of headroom less than the Veracruz and you say it sucks? How much more you need, like 10 inches? Look at the third row and you can see where GM invested the room. In addition hip rooms and shoulder rooms for Acadia are far greater than the Ver.

And oh! with three rows still there Veracruz has storage volume of the size of a Miata trunk (6.5 cu.ft), while Acadia's storage is comparable to the Crown Vic (19.7 cu.ft). Now you can see the 11 inches of difference.

When you have seven people going, in Veracruz, 3rd row people will have to sit with their bags on their laps. Not for the Acadia.

Here is the comparison.

http://www.carsdirect.com/research/compare...0,USB70GMS242A0

You are right about the Leg Room, for the second row as the Acadia lacks it by about 1.5 inches. But about 0.6 inches of headroom less than the Veracruz and you say it sucks? How much more you need, like 10 inches? Look at the third row and you can see where GM invested the room. In addition hip rooms and shoulder rooms for Acadia are far greater than the Ver.

And oh! with three rows still there Veracruz has storage volume of the size of a Miata trunk (6.5 cu.ft), while Acadia's storage is comparable to the Crown Vic (19.7 cu.ft). Now you can see the 11 inches of difference.

When you have seven people going, in Veracruz, 3rd row people will have to sit with their bags on their laps. Not for the Acadia.

I've driven both vehicles. My head was 1/2" from the ceiling in the 2nd row of the Acadia with the moonroof. Hip and should room far greater? Try 1 inch, which coincidently is the difference in width of the vehicles. There is more than 6.5 cu ft behind the third row (I know what the press release says). I'd put it at about 10 cu ft like the Santa Fe. If you calculate the overall leg room, the Veracruz actually has about 1/2" more legroom than the Acadia. The only type of vehicle you could pay me to travel long distances with 7 people is a minivan. If you think you can fit 7 passengers worth of luggage in even 19 cu ft, you are sadly mistaken. I'm in the market for a vehicle that can seat 7 sometimes for short trips, otherwise I'd get a minivan.

If I wanted a crossover to haul 7 on trips, I'd buy a Freestyle. Sure, it's not as pretty, but it's people room and storage behind the 3rd row are about the same. On top of that, it's cheaper and acceleration is the same as the Acadia (8.4 seconds).

Edited by arumage

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/veracruz/specs/specs.aspx

Straight from the horse's mouth. (Hyundai. Cargo area is 6.5 cuft). I guess your peception might be different.

The other numbers are also similar. Are you trying to say that the numbers are wrong? Then I guess there is no point in explaining.

The number is incorrect. The storage area is as wide the 3rd row, which is more than 4ft. It's about 2 - 2.5ft tall, and 15" deep. That makes it about 10-12 cu ft. Check it out for yourself.

Oops... the guy took his picture down. This one is not quite as good.

Posted Image

Edited by arumage