Couple of pics of my last generation Grand Prix GT

I fell in love with the 300 GPX concept car in 1995 - the precusor to the '97 Grand Prix. When the time came, we leased a dark blue 2000 GT Sedan with many options, including the HUD. We loved that car. However, when the 2004 model came out in mid-'03, I couldn't get over the discomfort I felt in the interior and the new styling it had on the exterior. Why Pontiac messed with the design of the '97-'03 models I'll never know. That was the last Pontiac in my stable... well, for the time being (G8 may be a possibility in '09).

Ah yes, one of my favorite Ponitacs....I liked it so much I just had to get one. To me, this generation was perfect as far as looks go, aggressive, muscular, and clean. There are not many new midsized sedans today that I really like more looks wise than this car, so I will probably be holding on to it for a while. It has aged quite well and it still amazes me today how many compliments I get on it from all different types of people. Looks like yours was very well kept but I am sure you will have more fun in the GXP.

Ah yes, one of my favorite Ponitacs....I liked it so much I just had to get one. To me, this generation was perfect as far as looks go, aggressive, muscular, and clean. There are not many new midsized sedans today that I really like more looks wise than this car, so I will probably be holding on to it for a while. It has aged quite well and it still amazes me today how many compliments I get on it from all different types of people. Looks like yours was very well kept but I am sure you will have more fun in the GXP.

Thank You for the nice comments. Just so you know I had a 97 Grand Prix GT and it was red like yours too, when that generation came out. I actually had people give me the thumbs up when it 1st came out in 97 as I was driving around.

Enjoy your Grand Prix, I have enjoyed them for the last 10 years.

It puts that GXP you just bought to shame. :P

Yes, this is one of my favorites, not just of Pontiacs, but of all midsized coupes and sedans. Despite the overhangs, it just conveys sexiness. Removing the rub strips and upgrading the wheels really help the looks, as well.

Come on BV, you know you are attracted to my GXP, after all it's color is Purple Haze. You know you love purple! Your lips say no to the GXP, but your eyes say, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :rotflmao:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S