Vacation Pics of Egypt

I have a great love for all things Ancient Egyptian, so I thought I would share some vacation Pics of Egypt last year. I'm posting them for all you Shutins who never get out of the house let alone the USA! :yes:

Abu Simbel

Posted Image

Al Jamila Boat

Posted Image

Pyramids

Posted Image

Edfu Temple

Posted Image

Front of the Edfu Temple, this is actually my desktop background now.

Posted Image

My hotel at night.

Posted Image

Cairo

Posted Image

Karnak

Posted Image

Karnak again.

Posted Image

Kefren

Posted Image

Kom Ombo Temple

Posted Image

Luxor Temple

Posted Image

Memnome Colossus

Posted Image

Nile Sunset

Posted Image

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Dude, I'm jealous. Egypt is one of the places that I would love to visit sometime. My only problem is that I wouldn't be able to handle the flight overseas. I wouldn't have a problem getting on a cruise ship and sailing over (although thats probably less safe than flying) but that many hours in a tube would drive me insane.

Cairo looks like a massive cesspool. I would probably be more interested in going to Istanbul than Cairo, but there's so much to see in Southern Europe and "Southern" South America, that a trip to the Middle East is not likely any time soon.

Plus, I don't want a run-in with a Nile Crocodile. :scared:

Cairo looks like a massive cesspool. I would probably be more interested in going to Istanbul than Cairo, but there's so much to see in Southern Europe and "Southern" South America, that a trip to the Middle East is not likely any time soon.

Plus, I don't want a run-in with a Nile Crocodile. :scared:

I've been all over South and Central America for GM. I lived 2 years in Equador and 3 in Mexico. I grew up in Europe and spent summers in Italy as a child. Every Country has their areas that look like cesspools, but don't let that blind you to the beauty within other parts of the country. Even in the US this is true. Beside Bob, you know as well as I, Italy has some of the most primative restrooms I have ever seen in a western country, In the south it was basically a hole through a concrete floor with the outline of your feet (as to where to place them). Bombs away! Talk about scary! :spin:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. 8)

The entire existance of the U.S. of A. is just a blink of an eye compared

to the history contained within those walls. It must be amazing to see it

all in person, I can only imagine.

to protect you from Islamic extremists who killed 50 German tourist some years back at one of the temples.

Ok, so NOW you see why I'm not "chomping at the bit" to visit the Middle East, no matter how interesting.

Ah, yes... Punta del Este, Uruguay a couple of weeks after all the Argentinians have gone home...here I come.

Oh come on, you're not afraid are you? You only live once, grab the bull by the horns and ride it hard! :smilewide:

I'd rather be done in by artery-clogging gaucho-lassoed juicy steaks with roquefort sauce and a never-ending stream of palmitos salads than by being blindfolded and decapitated..or even shot at. I know that is the exception rather than the rule and possibly a little unfair to some wonderful people I know that hail from that part of the world; however, laid-back easy-living type places are what flip my switch.