April 2007: Mitsubishi Sales

Wow... Mitsubishi had 630 some odd dealers in 2004... now it has 520 dealers.

520 dealers @ 12,047 mthly sales = 23 sales per dealer... however, what's Mitsubishi's fleet percentage?

Also, keep in perspective that Mitsubishi sold 345,922 cars in 2002... they're currently on track to sell less than 150k this year.

The local Mitsubishi dealership doublewide just became the Saturn of Clearwater Pre-Owned Car doublewide. One Mitsu lot near my office in Tampa was razed to build a Hooters. One down in north St. Pete is becoming a Buick-Pontiac-GMC expansion lot.

Wow... Mitsubishi had 630 some odd dealers in 2004... now it has 520 dealers.

520 dealers @ 12,047 mthly sales = 23 sales per dealer... however, what's Mitsubishi's fleet percentage?

Also, keep in perspective that Mitsubishi sold 345,922 cars in 2002... they're currently on track to sell less than 150k this year.

chrysler sells 7 vehicles per dealer per month lately i thought i read. I know from what buickman told me there are 2800 buick dealers and they likely are not selling much more these days until the enclave arrives. 13,024 was what Buick sold? Not much more.

Year-to-date, Mitsubishi sales are up 19.6%, compared to the January-April period in 2006.

"We are particularly pleased that sales of our all-new fuel-efficient 2008 Lancer are off to a tremendous start," said MMNA CEO Hiroshi Harunari. "At the same time our all-new Outlander crossover SUV continues to sell very well."

Lancer sales for the month were 3,860, up 263.5% compared to April 2006. This was the largest sales month for Lancer in nearly three years (May 2004).

Other April sales highlights:

Outlander closed at 2,047 units up 152.4% from last year's volume.

Endeavor sales were 1,375, up 3.4% from April 2006.

For six consecutive months - and nine of the last ten months - Mitsubishi sales have increased compared to the same month of the prior year.

520 dealers, still more than Saturn I think.

Edited by regfootball

Lancer sales for the month were 3,860, up 263.5% compared to April 2006. This was the largest sales month for Lancer in nearly three years (May 2004).

Other April sales highlights:

Outlander closed at 2,047 units up 152.4% from last year's volume.

Endeavor sales were 1,375, up 3.4% from April 2006.

For six consecutive months - and nine of the last ten months - Mitsubishi sales have increased compared to the same month of the prior year.

LAWL

This is more proof that people will buy products if they don't suck.

the Lancer is a nice companion to the Mazda 3. Together, those 2 represent better options than the really ugly civic and the dorky corolla. With the gas prices, lancer hits the market at exactly the right time, and its Evo cred and semi sporty attitude should mean good sales. Between Lancer and Outlander is where they revive their sales. I would much rather see Mits remain and grow again instead of having to deal with Hyundai, Kia, Suzuki seeing success here.