Out of touch with society

Wow, After doing some things today and finally just taking a load off look at pop culture in depth and watch some TV. Where the hell have i been. I fell like I was trapped in the 80's and now released in 2007. I feel So dumb founded. Hell Elton John turned 60. I no I have and "can't" have a social life, but damn I feel like a outcast. Stranded in a dead end job for the rest of my life. Although I have a reason i point my finger at every time something bad goes on. I guess I have to stand up take it as a man and be greatful. Is anyone in the same place? I guess I'm going to go for a long drive and just Think of what happened in 23 years to leave me so f@#king out of touch. Then come back drink the night away then go back to the daily grind...

well lets hope I don't get stupid...

Wow, After doing some things today and finally just taking a load off look at pop culture in depth and watch some TV. Where the hell have i been. I fell like I was trapped in the 80's and now released in 2007. I feel So dumb founded. Hell Elton John turned 60. I no I have and "can't" have a social life, but damn I feel like a outcast. Stranded in a dead end job for the rest of my life. Although I have a reason i point my finger at every time something bad goes on. I guess I have to stand up take it as a man and be greatful. Is anyone in the same place? I guess I'm going to go for a long drive and just Think of what happened in 23 years to leave me so f@#king out of touch. Then come back drink the night away then go back to the daily grind...

Here is what's scary to me, Mick Jagger is older than my dad!!!!!! :scared:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

right now I have 2

I am a master machinist making prototypes for companies and since business is slow we opened are bays for car repair. I really cant go any further in this career.

The other one is I'm on a SWAT team for Warren. mostly on call. again no where higher to go and the possibility of death every time some person thinks Guns and Anger can solve there problems

I guess I should add that Before that when i was 20 And the Assembly line and Drugs didn't seem to have a future I planed to go into the air force. Ended up being a Sniper for 15 years. Which being involved in some crazy $h! caused me to be on some watch list that wastes tax payers dollars. So i cant go to a mall with out filling out a forum. sigh....

The other one is I'm on a SWAT team for Warren. mostly on call. again no where higher to go and the possibility of death every time some person thinks Guns and Anger can solve there problems

Well now that stamps went up, the Postal Service may have a renewed need for your SWAT skillsets, although I think the Postal Service may outgun you! :P

Cap bro, you're not missing much, most people now-a-days are idiots anyway. BTW me and you need to chat up again sometime soon, been a long time.

Alcohol is not my thing.... I find I have a much better time

at social events when I drink very little booze or not at all

Now if you're drinking alone it will never help you get any

quality human contact.

Well Its a Temperory "feel good" patch and thats about it.

And As long As I am geared up the post office has No chance of going Postal!

You cant stop the best there ever was.

You really haven't missed much in the way of pop culture and music...same old tired stuff for the last five years or so.

Not really in the sense of pop culture it just seems my train is stuck in Kansas while every one else is in Nevada.

I fell like I have missed so much of what has happened. Its hard to explain really.

I find myself feeling that way too lately.

It's like the last 5 years of my life just passed by in what amounts to a year. I'm starting to feel 'old' and 'un-cool' (*GASP!*)

It's seems that "the kids these days" annoy the hell out of me and I'm beginning to feel that "pop culture" is stupid. Whereas not even a year ago I felt that I WAS "the kids these days" and WAS a part of "pop culture"

Oh well, life goes on...

I can agree with Cap there.

Though I don't know about the 80s (love most everything about it)....but damn, I feel just a bit older and out of place... :rolleyes:

I've had a chance myself to catch up on a little pop culture...and all I can say is..wow.

They actually I have show-I love the 90s....I still remember the 90s!!!

It's almost...wait..it is scary..things change even faster now...

It's almost...wait..it is scary..things change even faster now...

Heh ... time flies when you are having fun ... and as you get older..............

*sighs*

I never felt as part of the "in" crowd ... at any point of my life :(.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Someday you will find me" ... Oasis ... 'Champaign Supernova'

Heh ... time flies when you are having fun ... and as you get older..............

*sighs*

I never felt as part of the "in" crowd ... at any point of my life :(.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Someday you will find me" ... Oasis ... 'Champaign Supernova'

There's an "in" crowd? :scratchchin:

Never paid much attention to that stuff...