Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Chrysler Sees Sales Increase

Guest Josh

DaimlerChrysler announced that the US vehicle sales at its Chrysler group increased by 4% in September. The German automaker's largest unit, which includes the Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge brands, sold 175,556 vehicles during September, up from 168,744 a year ago. After making adjustments for the differences in selling days, the Chrysler group’s vehicles have increased by 8% so far this year. The division has launched a large number of new products, including the all-new 2006 Jeep Commander, Dodge Charger and Jeep Liberty CRD, so far this year. The group had launched nine new models in 2004. Sales at DaimlerChrysler’s Mercedes-Benz business increased by nearly 1% to 17,552 autos, from 17,445 last September. The figures were the best monthly sales in the country’s history. DaimlerChrysler expects to post improved sales at the Mercedes-Benz division in the forthcoming months, boosted by the several new models scheduled to be launched soon. The company’s total sales during September increased by 4% to 193,108 vehicles and by approximately 6% for the nine-month period ended September 2005.

PT CRUISER 11,742         HHR 8602

I'm amazed the HHR is as hot as it is so far.  Why would anyone want the cheap rip-off of the original.

[post="23576"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'd buy one in a heartbeat!!!

Sounds like you're read into the media propaganda... The HHR offers more utility, more refinement and looks HELLA better than the PT. Not to mention I'm sure gas prices are fueling demand.

If I were Lutz, I'd demand a public apology from all the "journalists" and ANALysts who tried to destroy the HHR before it was even shown to the public (Because they obviously knew ho much potential it had)

Good to see DCX doing well.

Analysts predict:

The Chrysler group's sales are expected to range between flat to down 7 percent.

DCX actual:

DaimlerChrysler announced that the US vehicle sales at its Chrysler group increased by 4%

Wow, looks like the analysts were spot on (sarcasm)

PT CRUISER 11,742      HHR 8602

I'm amazed the HHR is as hot as it is so far.  Why would anyone want the cheap rip-off of the original.

Maybe because it has more room inside? Maybe because soem people actaully like it? Maybe beacuse the real car market doesn't just like Camaros?

PT sales are up 24%, de-bunking, yet again, the myth "PT's are dying". Car nuts who think every car should be a sporty coupe break out in hives when they see this, but it's reality.

In the Golden Age of Muscle Cars, full-sized family cars and wagons sold in high volumes, not the muscle cars. And, no, a plain Chevelle or Nova does not count as a "Muscle Car".

Point is that Family cars bring in the bacon, to subsidize "enthusiast cars".

PT CRUISER 11,742      HHR 8602

Why would anyone want the cheap rip-off of the original.

1. The HHR actually looks like an mid-early 1900's Suburban and the PT Cruiser (while I might be wrong) dosen't have a classic counterpart.

2. Although subjective, I think the HHR looks MUCH better, is better built, AND has better utility than the PT Cruiser. I'm not biased against Chrylsler (well sort of)..........I think the 300 is one of the hottest cars on the road......but the PT Cruiser is a s%^& box!

• 5 weeks later...
In Canada, Chrysler is actually outselling Ford - by almost 6,000 units YTD. They seem to be on a bit of a role. It probably doesn't hurt that the 300 is built here. Chrysler made the same mistake with the PT that GM has with most of its car line - too many model years have passed and it is the same vehicle! They started coming out in the summer of 2000 and they still look the same! However, the Charger should be hot. The 300 still is. Kudos for them. At least one of the Big Three is doing well.