Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

Here's an idea

7 posts in this topic

What if an upcoming session of congress were dedicated to repealing laws rather than making new ones?

They could start with the truly absurd ones which would make for easy agreement and work their way toward the more difficult issues.

Scrap the Patriot Act. RIGHT NOW.

It is one of the most UN-patriotic acts in the 231 year history of this country.

It is one of the most UN-patriotic acts in the 231 year history of this country.

That makes way to much sense to be considered by government.

That makes way to much sense to be considered by government.

Sad but true

The Patriot Act actually doesn't bother me. Extraordinary circumstances call for extraordinary measures. And I think Rush Limbaugh said it best (though I usually refrain from quoting him, as he's a hypocritical neo-con):

"The only people who are worried about the Patriot Act are people with stuff to hide."

Now then, my thoughts on Congress. How about we quit with the "non-binding resolutions" crap? Yeah, it may look good on the front page of the NY Times and it expresses the Democratic Congress' disapproval over the President's handling of the Iraq conflict, but it lacks any substance whatsoever. Granted, I think a precipitate withdrawal of American forces in Iraq is the worst idea possible, but House concurrent res. 63 especially bothered me because it just wasted time and was a cheap and dirty way for the newly elected house to say "We're trying to end the war." Not to mention that it took away any sincerity of the "First 100 Hours" plan often spoken about by Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid. The "First 100 Days" has been a complete failure, IMO.

Edited by Hollingsworth

See, sometimes it's good to have dual citizenship. When things go down the crapper here I can go back to Germany, or vice versa.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0