Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Here are some Interesting Numbers on Hybrids

Here are some surrvey numbers from Autobytel.com

Not sure how accurate these are but it might be worth checking them out as they are not what I expected.

Hybrid owners are

40% Republican 36% Democrat

21% live in the Midwest 31% in the Northeast and 16% on the West Coast

57% are over 45 years old

49% do not have collage degrees 33% make less than $40,000 a year

Now I know this most likley includes many Flex Fuel Taurus and pick up trucks in Iowa. But need less to say I still figured the tree hugging West Coasters would have been more dominate just with the Prius and Honda Hybrids.

I think it would be real interesting to see some real demographics on who are the true Hybrid buyers and who really wants what out of these vehicles.

If someone could help provide some info it may give us some real insite into the real future Volt buyers. I think we may be suprised at who just might be interested in this car?

Edited by hyperv6

Interesting numbers. I do notice a decent amout of hybrids here in the Midwest (mostly Priuses and Escapes, sometimes Civics) and they usually seem to be driven by women older than 40 years old. Now that I think about it, I don't know if I have ever noticed a guy driving a hybrid...maybe once or twice. 80% of the time it seems to be a woman in her 40s or 50s behind the wheel, sometimes one in her 70s...which is kinda odd because you would think young people would pick up on them more.

You're probably right about the flex fuel vehicles skewing the numbers...ethanol is getting pretty big here.