Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrewSwillis

Big technology announcement by Chrysler

4 posts in this topic

An overview of Chrysler's upcoming new technology was posted on Allpar.com news:

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php?actio...news&id=891

It discusses Chrysler's steps toward better fuel economy, including: A new series of V6's with MDS, a more powerful and economic HEMI, an automated manual ("dual-clutch") transmission, and another diesel, among other steps.

I believe the results when I see them. So far I'm not impressed by and V8 featuring cylinder deactivation, I see no improved fuel economy results that warrant the cost in development nor in repairs should something go wrong. A vehicle as heavy as a 300C with a Hemi is still gonna get $h!ty mileage when it's running on less cylinders, because of the added strain of carrying the car's weight. Diesel engines are a different story. I curious to see the next Hemi with it's improved Mileage...getting a whole 15 MPG

Doesn't MDS kick in in low-power situations, like steady-speed cruising... during which any car requires a minimum of power to propel ("added strain of carrying the car's weight").

Doesn't MDS kick in in low-power situations, like steady-speed cruising... during which any car requires a minimum of power to propel ("added strain of carrying the car's weight").

its obvious savings on the information center on the gm's... normally your cruising... going down hill or something...mpg shoots up to 40-50 or higher depending on demand...

or cruising... the new gmt900 can cruise at 80 or so in 4 cyl and get about 25mpg pretty consistantly if its flat