I am using myold PCI BFG 6200OC 256 graphics card

and 2x sata light scribe DVD-RWs

Also using a Mushkin 750 watt power supply

im going to run 3dmark06 and ill tell you what i got

On order is

2 sticks of mushkin ddr2 800 2gigs XP2 6400

2 MSI 6600GTS Fanless GPUs in SLI

some other stuff to

AMD is releasing the AM3 cpu this fall i believe that will work in a AM2 slot mother board so i will probably get a 6000+ then

I know most of you wont care but I said to one of you i think it was dodgefan that i would post my computer once i got most of it built. Its damn fast tho i ave yet to see cpu useage past 30%.

MY last computer was involved in a horrible OCing gone bad..... RIP My be loved HP so many hours of pwning noobs in DF@ (Delta Force 2), Test Drive Unlimited, Dope Farmer, Dope wars, Food Wars, Nascar Heat 99 with a Vintage Trans Am mode, and other random games that i need to help pass time. Sorry MSI, I should have followed your advice and not try to boot my own bios and OC the Processor How little did i know that you Took my P4 in to 4.5ghz range.

Well my computer is built for now so far only got about $1000

Its pretty crappy but its a start

Case

Antec 900

Mobo

Asus Crosshair

Processor

3600 x2 brisbane 1.9 OC to about 2.8

to cool it i put a Zalman 9700 on it idles at 20ºC

I use a 2 SATAII WD 400 Gb HD in RAID 0

and a Maxtor 300 gb IDE drive for extra space i guess

I have 2 gigs of Kingston Hyper X DDR2 800 mhz ram

I am using myold PCI BFG 6200OC 256 graphics card

and 2x sata light scribe DVD-RWs

Also using a Mushkin 750 watt power supply

im going to run 3dmark06 and ill tell you what i got

On order is

2 sticks of mushkin ddr2 800 2gigs XP2 6400

2 MSI 6600GTS Fanless GPUs in SLI

some other stuff to

AMD is releasing the AM3 cpu this fall i believe that will work in a AM2 slot mother board so i will probably get a 6000+ then

I know most of you wont care but I said to one of you i think it was dodgefan that i would post my computer once i got most of it built. Its damn fast tho i ave yet to see cpu useage past 30%.

MY last computer was involved in a horrible OCing gone bad..... RIP My be loved HP so many hours of pwning noobs in DF@ (Delta Force 2), Test Drive Unlimited, Dope Farmer, Dope wars, Food Wars, Nascar Heat 99 with a Vintage Trans Am mode, and other random games that i need to help pass time. Sorry MSI, I should have followed your advice and not try to boot my own bios and OC the Processor How little did i know that you Took my P4 in to 4.5ghz range.

Ahhh a man after my own heart, a gamer!

Sounds like a good rig. Above all else, the important thing is that you can enjoy yourself on it.

I helped a friend of mine build a $4000 (bleeding edge) Insaneo PC, but it is crippled by a Vista installation and pissing him off. We are now in the process of trying to get him a copy of XP Pro x64. If that's no better, back to XP Pro x86 it is.

Sounds awesome! I hope to hell that the AM3 will fit on the AM2 socket...so my motherboard can be reused. I'm looking to do upgrades to my comp as well as my gf's comp as soon as we can. I want more power, to play even better games.

I'm still on the fence about Vista...on the one hand it's a security whore...Microsuck made it a security freak instead of making the OS itself less susceptible to viruses. Still newer games will be designed for Vista, and with Vista you can make better use of 64 bit processing...so I dunno.

Anyway congrats on your new comp!

Edited by Dodgefan

Sounds awesome! I hope to hell that the AM3 will fit on the AM2 socket...so my motherboard can be reused. I'm looking to do upgrades to my comp as well as my gf's comp as soon as we can. I want more power, to play even better games.

I'm still on the fence about Vista...on the one hand it's a security whore...Microsuck made it a security freak instead of making the OS itself less susceptible to viruses. Still newer games will be designed for Vista, and with Vista you can make better use of 64 bit processing...so I dunno.

Anyway congrats on your new comp!

I played my chess software which is designed for 64-bit systems on the Vista, on one of our workstations, and you can see the difference. The software "thinks" 30-50% faster than the 32-bit systems. I am waiting for a proper update from Microsoft for the Vista and see which of the RTS games come on D-10X before I jump, till that time my Old Fart will do me a favor.

One question for compu heads here. Other than larger Cache, what is the main difference between the Quad Xeons and Core-2 Extreme Quad Processors from Intel? If I decide for a two-CPU Xean Quad cores processors, is it worth it?

I can probably get decent Workstation, through our company's program with Dell for about 25% off. The one thing which makes me against buying the Dell is that they hide their advanced BIOS functions from their users, so the ability to overclock is limited.

on 3dmark 06 i got a 6356 but my graphics card slows it down alot

Test Drive Unlimited is OK it was way over hyped but now i can play with out lag although i haven't played in a long time and i don't have time to play any games.

I rather play Rigs of Rods or Live for speed any day. All i need is a logitech G25 wheel and i'm set to roll.

http://www.lfs.net/

http://rigsofrods.blogspot.com/

i had to order a battery for my camera so maybe in a week or 2 i will take a picture of the thing.

Posted Image

3 120mm fans and a 200mm exhaust fan this case sounds like a freaking hover craft but it looks bad ass at night

Posted Image

gotta love heat pipes and a mini LCD screen on the back

plus PCIe slots that both run a 16x.

Its nice to be able to multi task

I didnt know there was so many computer geeks on this site? shocking to say the least.

Edited by capriceman