It was awesome

I saw it!! I saw it!! Just got back from seeing the Transformers movie.....OMFG, it was awesome. To hear that voice, to see those characters again, well, it turned me into a 10 year old again. I couldn't help it, I got goosebumps all over when Optimus Prime first spoke.....needless to say that the movie action was wonderful. Sure, it was "normal" Michael Bay action, lots of shakey hand-cam work, lots of explosions and action. Good thing is you can take the family to see the movie if you want to, there's maybe only a couple of times any form of foul language is used, and typically it won't be much more than a damn or a $h!....nothing horrible. If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil anything for you, which means I honestly can't say a whole lot about the movie except for see it yourself. The end makes for a great cliff hanger for more movies. And Bumblebee as a Camaro (be it his '75 Gen-II version, or his NEW body), was FREAKING GREAT!!!! But yeah, I'm all giddy and excited, and dammit I'm going to see it again so I can drool and be a kid one more time, or more...who knows, all depends on what kind of paycheck the great payroll gods at CarQuest give me this week.

Dodgefan and I saw it yesterday, and it was freakin awesome! I never even saw any of the Transformers before, but this movie was awesome! They are saying that it may very well be the best movie of the summer! Anyone and everyone.. GO SEE IT!!!!

I saw it too...my roomates hated it though (one is from Mexico and one is from Egypt, so I guess they just didn't get in on the whole Transformers thing as a kid). It was awesome I thought! The Camaros kicked some serious butt, lots of rubber and smoke for burnout junkies like me. GM had some prime placements in the movie...especially the Camaros, GMC, Hummer, and the Solstice. There was also a Saleen Mustang used as an antagonist cop car. Lots of action and things getting destroyed and thrown around. The CG was spectacular...especially the scenes where you fly around LA between the skyscrapers.

Amazing movie and easily my favorite movie I've ever seen. Giant robots + cars = awesome. But it wasn't just that...the fact that they chose the voice actors carefully, had a very good plot, and remained faithful to Transformers made it just such a great film. I'm going to see it again...and get it when it comes out of DVD!

I saw it Monday night at 9:00 PM.... all of the theaters in my area started showing it beginning at 8:00 PM on Monday, July 2nd. I'm sure others here saw it on Monday too. Great movie!

I like how Blackout (Pavelow helicopter) and Barricade (Saleen Mustang police car) generated images of humans in the pilot/driver seats so that when driving, a "human" was seen behind the controls/wheel. I think they were the only ones that did that (although Bumblebee had Sam behind the wheel in many shots) - whereas Ironhide (GMC Topkick), Jazz (Pontiac Solstice), and Ratchet (Hummer H2) didn't <please correct me if I'm wrong>. It's also interesting to note that Michael Bay again sneaked in that old, abandoned buidling (theater?) from Detroit. He likes to use it in his chase scenes (The Island, Transformers) as being a building in downtown Los Angeles. At least in "The Island" it was acknowledged in the credits as filmed in Detroit; "Transformers" doesn't. It's nice to see one Decipticon get away at the end (spoiler alert: Starscream) - but what happened to Barricade? I'm assuming he's also still alive, as I don't recall seeing him die like the others at the big finale battle? It's ashame about the one Autobot not making it out alive (spoiler alert: Jazz/Pontiac Solstice). Originally I had wished he would have been a Saturn SKY, and did you see inside of the showroom parked next to the Solstice that Jazz scanned was a SKY, but seeing his demise I'm glad he wasn't! And I'm sure that the "All-Spark Cube" didn't kill (spoiler alert: Megatron) -- it will probably make him bigger & badder in the sequel!! :P Sorry for the spoilers, but you should have really gone out to see it by now!!! :P:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

well guys, I'd have to say that the Decepticons that were dumped into the ocean weren't dead, they were simply in a "stasis lock" because of the extreme amount of damage done to their exteriors. Probably once their self-repair systems make necessary repairs, they'll go active again. We know that StarScream, Scorpinok, and Barricade all survive, and Frenzy could have survive, since we already know he can make it around without his head and body being attached. The second one is great, and the reason that Jazz died is because he had to be the proverbial "black guy" of the movie....

well guys, I'd have to say that the Deceptions that were dumped into the ocean weren't dead, they were simply in a "stasis lock" because of the extreme amount of damage done to their exteriors. Probably once their self-repair systems make necessary repairs, they'll go active again. We know that StarScream, Scorpinok, and Barricade all survive, and Frenzy could have survive, since we already know he can make it around without his head and body being attached. The second one is great, and the reason that Jazz died is because he had to be the proverbial "black guy" of the movie....

Yeah, that is the only reason why Jazz died :P As long as he spark and accompanying life support systems weren't in his lower half, he should have survived..although repairs would have been a bitch.

I had forgotten about Stasis Lock...Megatron will be back, probably as Galvatron.

Barricade and Blackout were my favorites of the Decpeticons..Megatron of course too, but the way Blackout transforms is sweet...and Barricade is a badass Mustang. :AH-HA_wink:

I've seen it twice, I may see it again....I am so buying it when it comes out on DVD.